advertisement

Wireless headphones.

Mike & Van

Banned troll
Do audiophiles consider them worth owning? I don't expect them to be as good as standard wired cans but I've just moved flats and loud listening is not an option here. Also what do I need in addition to make them function? I just have an old valve amp at the minute!

Bluetooth means they will not be as good as wired, well not until the standard is massively uprated. At some point in the future, it will be but until then good mid-priced wire headphones will beat Bluetooth hands down.

Bluetooth means they will not be as good as wired, well not until the standard is massively uprated. At some point in the future, it will be but until then good mid-priced wire headphones will beat Bluetooth hands down.

Clearly you haven't heard aptxHD through HifiMan Ananda 'phones! These are the wireless phones I use; mostly with my iPad pro (so AAC). Yes, using the cable is noticeably better with lossless Apple Music, but SQ of these phones is stunning. I would imagine that they are the best wireless phones available. Way, way above the usual suspects. They are big though and not really what you'd want when out & about. They's also open phones. If you're serious about high quality phones listening then worth checking out.

I'm sure there might be some good ones out there?
I've just never found any

These gents have said it all. Nothing to add.

I’ve some headphones that cost two grand new but I don’t find it ruins my enjoyment when listening to YouTube videos recommended on here through a Bluetooth pair that are about fifty quid. Not quite an answer to your question but just to point out the audiophile stuff is secondary.

Hi,

These are proper wireless headphones, not bluetooth.

What you need is an Aux out from your pre amp or integrated, they usually come with the small jack plug, am sure there will be adapters available for your valve amp.

https://www.richersounds.com/catalo...MIx_CypO-W9gIVybTtCh2NegyDEAQYAyABEgJpq_D_BwE

I have had two pairs of these over the years, maybe they changed the model number over the years, but they are excellent.

Amazing range for headphones, all over the house and garden and a very clever way of charging them on the cradle.

For the money these are a great buy and they also are very comfertable.

Cheers

John

I've got some Sony WH1000XM3. Love them, they get daily use.

No, they're not exactly audiophile sounding, but you simply forget and just enjoy. Noise cancelling is excellent too. Plus there is eq options etc.

Comfort is good, and mine have proved durable thus far.

Mk4 version out now.

advertisement

Back