advertisement

Winter Olympics.

women relay was mad indeed, we won B final (in world record time) and bronze medal without skating in A final, I would think nobody won bronze because of A final penalties

There is a "long course" version of speed skating which does not have these problems but is therefore less of a spectator sport. It is a head to head knock out time trial format where the two competitors start on opposite sides of the track - a bit like cycling.

Yes fortunately they need to skate first :) There was a little technical incident though, one skate "broke" at start (men against norway), so one Dutch skater had a long struggle to finish the distance in same time as his two teammates.

Today's short track skating seems to be going the same way as all the others have! I don't think there has been a race yet where everyone has finished.

Today's short track skating seems to be going the same way as all the others have! I don't think there has been a race yet where everyone has finished.

i'd bet that any group of 7 year-old children would realize in about 10 minutes that the game they designed is totally flawed/unfair and come up with something along the lines of long track racing.

Amazing how long it takes to lose at Curling, must be about 40 hours! Contrast with Snowboard Big Air where all one needs to do is to face-plant from a great height, which can be done in about 5 seconds.

I was rather addicted to curling by the end. Disappointing to see Eve Muirheadks team miss a medal after so much effort, especially on one final shot, but the Japanese team really were good and great to watch.

Yes politics again!
yzdx330ajgrb_wd640.jpg

advertisement

Back