advertisement

Wilson Benesch Full Circle : any thoughts ?

dgotlse

pfm Member
Since I have sold my Vpi Scout, I have looked for a new (in fact 2nd hand) turntable.

As this moment, there are two serious contenders under my radar:

- a Stabi S (used to have one so no surprise)
- a WB Full Circle coming with everything (tonearm, cartridge) at a very good price

I intend to make a quick decision but some input from forumers would be greatly appreciated.

Get the Stabi-s, the Benesch table isn't in the same league, it's a round Rega with a clever tonearm bearing implementation.

How condescending.. I dunno, keyboard warriors :lol:

A Circle with RB600 and Dynavector 10XV sounded really excellent as a complete player I remember. The WB tonearm looked to be quite interesting too at the time, although I never got to use one outside of a WB player system. The main issue could be with wow if the belt wasn't spotless. Didn't rate the cartridges that highly at the time - a bit raw and snappy I remember.

As for the Kuzma, I'm sure it's truly excellent and owners, not just Simon, speak highly of it.

What about an NAS Hyperspace? or, if price is an issue, a Heavykit Spacedeck and then save up for a Wave Mechanic?

I was lurking for a Spacedeck with the hd kit: no way said the Lady.

A few other popped up since: Townshend Rock, Acoustic Solid Challenger, none I could listen anyway.

I can certainly vouch for the WB Act 0.5 tonearm. I used one on an Acoustic Signature Model One and it really sounded superb. I would also be quite surprised if the Circle turntable disappointed, and what have you to lose if the price is good.

if it were me, the Rock would get the vote. With a Townsend suspension platform. Very tasty, and always holds its value well.

I have finally chosen the Rock.

Great choice!, assuming we're talking about the Rock 7?. With one of the modified Rega tonearms and you should be set to go. I've a friend here in the states whom is looking for a table upon his visit back home as he lives in Orlando and his family is here in Michigan. So I started doing the groundwork for him and am looking to introduce him to my WTA GTA along with the Townshend Rock V and Kuzma Stagi S. small world indeed. I'm trying to get him to increase his budget to $5.000 and hopefully we can come in under that?, but I would rather see him spend it once and be done with it, as he has never in the 20 years I've known him ever spent over $875 on a table - this is a first, but I'd love to see him do it right. Once again I think you've made an excellent and logical choice. Regards,Oscar

Precisely, the Rock 7.

I have never heard one but I refrained myself buying the WB because of the short film I saw and especially the "soldering thing".

Over the years, I've seen the Nott. Analogue Interspace (used) with a Rega arm for about £450.

Silly good for the money.

I've seen used Stabi/stogi S for about £700+.

If I was starting again, I'd look for a second hand stabi / stogi S. For the money I can't see how you can get better - unless you love direct drives.

advertisement

Back