advertisement

Will the prices hold

Just to open a small can of worms no doubt, which is the better sounding deck, the 301 or 401? (to me better sounding is most boogie, groove, PRAT, insight)

I get the impression that it's close, but all things being perfect a 401 should beat an oil 301... just, but there is far more difference between individual decks at this stage in the day than between the models, i.e. the one with the best condition main bearing, idler, motor bearings etc will win. Condition is everything. Market value is still very much grease 301 > oil 301 > 401.

Tony.

The gamble is in predicting how far the UK pound will drop, and of course if it will collapse altogether. Certainly a 301, 124 or whatever is worth far more pounds now than it was last year, i.e. simply holding one from then to now would have seen a 30-40% rise, but whether it's bottomed is anyone's guess. I am pretty sure it is the pound fluctuation we are seeing here, not any huge change in the value of the decks - they are probably worth a similar amount of Yen as they were last year.

Tony.

According to my bank statements the pound has risen over the last two weeks against the euro. It is stioll very cheap compared to what it was a year ago.

It would be a great picture to see though, jeez. We'll all be on our best behaviour as we peer at your piles - to coin a phrase. Do you have a digi cam of sorts- I would be happy to host any pics so theyd show up in threads if you cant be bothered to get into a photobucket scenario.
The fact this act of generousity would provide me with your private email is entirely coincidental.
honest
Best wishes with it and may the Japanese yen for your garrards

According to my bank statements the pound has risen over the last two weeks against the euro. It is stioll very cheap compared to what it was a year ago.

Nigel

It was trading at 1.14 yesterday. The consensus is that it will go to 1.20 but who knows.

Spain is really going down the tubes, we have got it easy in comparison. Their unemployment is forecast to hit 16% by mid year because they over relied on construction which is now all but dead. They have 800,000 surplus properties. This is all presure on the Euro.

Regards

Mick

Indeed Mick - the UK is suffering as everyone else is, but is slightly ahead of the curve so we tend to hear the problems announced in the UK first and think that noone else is having trouble.

Cesare

Cesare

I am tempted to give Tony an all expenses paid holiday in Spain just so as he can see that we are not so ruined as he thinks we are.

Regards

Mick

Pssssssst, Tony.

Complain that the UK economy is in tatters, the banking sector is insolvent and that Naim is looking to the IMF for an emergency loan to get through fiscal 2009.

Enjoy the sun.

Joe

advertisement

Back