advertisement

Will the prices hold

zooterman

Seeing the prices of Garrard 301s do you think they will keep rising or will they drop. I have 10 to sell just trying to guess when to hit the market. :confused:

While the £ is weak is the best time to sell to overseas buyers, I'll give ya a quid for one ;) my £ is very, very weak :(

Paul

Mirror mirror on the wall
when are the Garrards going to fall?......

With 10 x301s you`d be better giving Sotheby`s a call:D

I take it you werent happy with the first one and so bought another and one thing led to another - dont listen to the voices :rolleyes: - perhaps you should PM me off list - dont listen to the others they will lead you astray -
Your friend
honest John

zooterman

Prices will rise and then fall and then rise and then fall and so on.

Happy is the man who sells today in the knowledge that there is enough to allow the other man to also make some money.

If you try to guess when the market as peaked, you will probably leave it too late.

Sell now, take your profit and be happy.

Regards

Mick

Zooterman, yes my surname too, Paul Zooterman, hey bruvver howzit goin man, long time etc etc, when will you bring back my 301's you borrowed :D

nuff of this !!! the fella asked a reasonable Q :rolleyes:

zooterman

Prices will rise and then fall and then rise and then fall and so on.

Happy is the man who sells today in the knowledge that there is enough to allow the other man to also make some money.

If you try to guess when the market as peaked, you will probably leave it too late.

Sell now, take your profit and be happy.

Regards

Mick
Excellent advice all round!

I have been thinking about this and have decided to sell up, I,m 66 and if I pop off the wife will skip the lot. where to start, 10 301s 2 401s 2 124s plus others, 12 Quad 11s various SME arms and 40 odd R2R decks, not to mention all the other bits and bobs I have. that well known venue is going to be busy.
Wish me luck. :cool: see you in the Bahamas

I have been thinking about this and have decided to sell up, I,m 66 and if I pop off the wife will skip the lot. where to start, 10 301s 2 401s 2 124s plus others, 12 Quad 11s various SME arms and 40 odd R2R decks, not to mention all the other bits and bobs I have. that well known venue is going to be busy.
Wish me luck. :cool: see you in the Bahamas

Wow! Pics of your loot please. Interested in TD-124.

Good luck.

IMHO now is not the time to sell. I have a clutch of vintage bass guitars that I will sell one day. These were bought from the USA, Germany and Japan mostly when the exchange rate was good. The rates are indeed good to be selling back to these countries but with shipping a maybe tax costs at the other end it is not worth it. I will wait till times are better in the UK, about another three to five years I hope (will eat my words no doubt) and sell most of them then. See you in Skegness :cool:

The gamble is in predicting how far the UK pound will drop, and of course if it will collapse altogether. Certainly a 301, 124 or whatever is worth far more pounds now than it was last year, i.e. simply holding one from then to now would have seen a 30-40% rise, but whether it's bottomed is anyone's guess. I am pretty sure it is the pound fluctuation we are seeing here, not any huge change in the value of the decks - they are probably worth a similar amount of Yen as they were last year.

Tony.

I guess you haven't heard one then!

I used to have an LP12/Lingo2/Ekos2 but my 301 has a good deal less wow wow and flutter flutter ... and I can't detect any rumble.

Just to open a small can of worms no doubt, which is the better sounding deck, the 301 or 401? (to me better sounding is most boogie, groove, PRAT, insight)

Well they both have PRAT - much more than the LP12 IMO. Boogie and Groove comes from the music.

I don't think there's a lot in it as they're essentially the same design. Some people maintain that the grease 301 is best, and others that the 401 is better, but I think it's more on looks and condition really.

I have both and when comparing 301 in crap timber plinth against 401 in crap timber plinth 301 using SME 3012 401 using AO RB250 I prefer what the 401 does. Now the 401 is in a twin tier slate plinth it is better still. Waiting for a slate plinth for the 301 to arrive

advertisement

Back