advertisement

Wiim intergrated amp/streamer

Yup for the money it’s insane. My parents want to sell their hifi and just have a wiim and sbls. We tried to day it’s good, but it’s not at the naim level obviously

I have one with nsats and sub, fantastic little amp and software that is modern and works

Got a Denon DM30 and SB Touch and speakers in the Kitchen and seriously thinking of getting one to replace the touch and amp in one.

Yup for the money it’s insane. My parents want to sell their hifi and just have a wiim and sbls. We tried to day it’s good, but it’s not at the naim level obviously

I have one with nsats and sub, fantastic little amp and software that is modern and works
Don't think it's Roon ready yet though

Thought about it and went for a pro plus as had too many amps already.Works really well using Qobuz into Mc2 650 into Dayton Wright LCM1.

The Wiim has piqued my interest as well. Silly question but do you think it will be a big downgrade on a Rega Brio-R soundwise?

I used mine with NBLs, its frankly insane at this price point, I don't have any other class D to compare to the closest being a NAD hybrid thingy. The wiim is way more composed, you cant go very loud on it but at normal listening levels its great. NBLs are an easy load mind.

Review over at AVF, seems an absolute bargain, was waiting for them to come into stock at Richer but Peter Tyson were selling Atoms off so went with it for my home office.

After hearing one in my dealers I am considering getting one for the kitchen for use with a ceiling speaker. A lot cheaper than the Muso QB I am also considering. The Qb SQ-wise is better but the Wiim with a ceiling speaker takes up almost no space and for a kitchen is good enough. Another alternative is to get the separate Wiim streamer and use it with a Rega IO or similar but then that takes up more space in my small kitchen. again it is about balancing SQ v space requirement.

Also considering one of these. Even if the internal DAC is ultimately not to taste (though it seems to get positive reviews) then the apparent quality of the app means using it to feed something else seems like a good streaming solution. Not seeing a downside - aside maybe from fit and finish.

advertisement

Back