advertisement

Wiim Amp - one box streaming/amp solution

Just a few weeks ago I bought a lightly used Wiim Pro and found that super easy to set up and get going.
I knew this amp version was in the pipeline and I look forward to testing it for myself. It will be great to read other PFM responses from actual listening. Keep it going.....

Very basic spec for £299

blob

blob

It’s using an ES9018K2M, newer stereo low power version of the older 8 channel ES9018. Think Arcam and Mission amps use same DAC.
Hmmm. So this amp uses a stereo DAC - i.e. 2 channels - but additionally has a subwoofer output with crossover thus adding a 3rd channel. What DAC is converting that 3rd channel?

Hmmm. So this amp uses a stereo DAC - i.e. 2 channels - but additionally has a subwoofer output with crossover thus adding a 3rd channel. What DAC is converting that 3rd channel?
Detailed specs are not out there, you have to pick through the Wiim Forum or use some Google Foo. I’d guess the L R channels are summed into a single Mono channel and fed into the electronic crossover before being sent out via the single RCA Sub Out socket - again that’s just a guess.

Can’t argue with the headline. Seems similar in functionality to the two Sonos Amps that get heavy usage in my home. Might be a bit hesitant as Link Systems appears to be a startup and is selling these products at very low cost. Not sure how useful they will be if the company fails. Time will tell.

I’d be interested in reading the owners manual for the amp which at this time is not available on their website.

Looks a nice bit of kit, not dissimilar to a Yamaha WXA-50 (which is excellent, use one in the kitchen).

advertisement

Back