advertisement

WiFi router password question for the knowledgeable here

Sloop John B

And any old music will do…
I'm recently being getting an "incorrect password" on iDevices connected to my Virgin Media Hub 3.

It's mentioned on the web and I've tried all the solutions but intermittently it keep occurring. As far as I can make out it happens in places where wifi is at its limits and would sometimes disappear previously but now gives this erro message rather than disappearing.
I can only relate its occurrence to a change in router name and password from the defaults that I did a few weeks ago.The other change was to set up the "guest network" name and password also.

Do any of you know if either of these actions might have caused this issue and if so is there any solutions (other than a revert to defaults) for example a specific name size or all capitals or password size that might be causing this (which I know seems like voodoo but then wireless and voodoo sometimes seem to have a lot in common).

Thanks

John

.sjb

All I know is that I changed the password when we got our Hub3. That worked for a while but started causing issues. So, I reverted to the original password which came with the device and have stuck with it since. It works.

It's a known fault on Virgin hubs that the hub changes the wifi network name to something like "1" It's an indication of immininent failure by the hub which Virgin accept and will send you a replacement. Could be that your fault is something similar.

advertisement

Back