advertisement

Wife learns to love 15" of Tannoy

My wife thinks the Tannoy's look and sound better with the grilles off. :)

pict2714rrm9.jpg

My wife loves the JBL 250Ti's.

A few other female visitors have also made positive comments. Women like them big. :)

DSC_0025.jpg

D I V O R C E.

Its the only way!

You are probably right but oh so expensive... and they do have their charms:eek:

I find the Tannoy's are actually more wife friendly than the smaller speakers I've owned as they needed to be too loud to try and get a full sound going on... These I can play a bit quieter when shes in and wait till I get some 'own time' for the full slam.
When I get a music room I will have cabinets at least the size of Ardens or perhaps something VOTT'ish like
http://family.webshots.com/photo/2252913190071997495DdbCdM
;)

Hehe! had to pipe up in this thread - loaded up PFM and in my res the thread showed on the front page as "Wife learns to love 15 inches..." :D

Sorry

My 20 year old MB Quart 980s tower loudspeakers have smoky glass set in the top so they may double as flower pedestals. Very successful. My wife prefers them to the Tannoy Cheviots I had when we married.

My wife hasnt learned to love 15" of Focal ,has Tannoy got some sort of magic effect on the female of the species?Boys like big speakers whilst wives want something small and unobtrusive that does the business.

Women always have (at least) 2 mutually exclusive criteria that must be satisfied by their partner before anything can be agreed upon.

In addition, should you somehow manage this daring feat (or as is more likely think of a sensible compromise), the criteria will have changed, which is your fault because you ought to know her better.

advertisement

Back