advertisement

why is Computer playback so expensive?

timeout

ignorance is bliss
what make them so special with HDD, solid state drive, using ipad/itouch, andriod phone as remote

some of the eg,
$5,700 for the Aurender S10 (need to buy a external CD drive at this price tag )
$5,000 for the Olive O6HD

:confused:

I use an ATV1... It has 500GB of storage and digital toshlink output. Cost me £360 brand new. Holds 1200 (ALAC) apple lossless albums.

what make them so special with HDD, solid state drive, using ipad/itouch, andriod phone as remote

some of the eg,
$5,700 for the Aurender S10 (need to buy a external CD drive at this price tag )

Because they are selling to the audiophile market, and those fools cannot take anything seriously unless it costs an outrageous amount of money.

Chris

I use an ATV1... It has 500GB of storage and digital toshlink output. Cost me £360 brand new. Holds 1200 (ALAC) apple lossless albums.

wat is a ATV1.

wat is the niche area on Aurrender from Korea that justify the price??

pls dont tell me that this is the first equipment that uses OCXOs - Oven-Controlled Crystal Oscillator

Because they are selling to the audiophile market, and those fools cannot take anything seriously unless it costs an outrageous amount of money.

Chris

sorry. on further reading . the aurrender is only a transport and storage devices :eek:

This Audio PC is a ready to run version of the Computer Audiophile Pocket Server (CAPS) at a more reasonable cost. You can build your own version cheaper using the instructions here.

Its full name is, AppleTV, its the MK1 version which had internal storage. The MK2 only uses networked storage. Both are quite basically digital dukeboxes. They both work with other Apple or Windows products. If you look at the system pics 2011 thread you'll see that I've posted a few pics of it amongst my whole system recently.

wat is a ATV1.

wat is the niche area on Aurrender from Korea that justify the price??

pls dont tell me that this is the first equipment that uses OCXOs - Oven-Controlled Crystal Oscillator

Just use a laptop and a decent USB dac and if you require more storage then consider a NAS and something like a SBTouch.

some of the eg,

No need for all that stuff, i just got a decent soundcard and put it in the old Dell in the kitchen. Gives me a decent digital out and connection to the office server, the internet and practically unlimited memory.
Total extra cost about £50 and it's indistinguishable from the cd / sacd player which cost PO £3k two years ago.

Netbook was £160 new
Audiolab 8200CDQ was £950 new
Connected together via ASync USB

Beats a whole lot of kit, and to top it all Flacs ripped to the netbook sound a lot better than the CD itself playing in the 8200CDQ....

:)

Its the future, like it or not..

Sam

I like the idea that when you all buy your streamers many of you sell your CDs and stick them on Amazon to pay for the gubbins you paid top dollar for. I don't have a CD player yet (soon though, I'll get a bashed up nice sounding old thing and fix it up) and I am having an absolute feeding frenzy here. Piles of old ECM and Blue Notes I could never get on vinyl for £1-£3 a pop. Substantially less than the download price!

Thank you... thank you...thank you. Thanks every single one of you for making CDs and good sounding CD players so affordable.

advertisement

Back