advertisement

Who'd have thunk it? Jamiroquai digs IMF speakers and Yamaha receivers!

ToTo Man

the band not the dog
His music might not do it for me, but I have to admit it's pretty cool cool to see two vintage pieces his music that were mainstays of my system for years, - IMF Professional Monitors and a Yamaha CR-1000 sitting on top of it!

JK_zpsdojstigb.jpg~original

I also recognise the angled Wharfedale speakers next to the IMFs, they're either W4's or Airedale's.

Can anyone help me out identifying the other kit featured in the vid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPkjnRIdQXQ&app=desktop

Would have been brought in by a props supplier "Can you bring in some retro looking cool speakers and hifi please?"

Somewhat harsh.

He has a large collection of vintage synthesisers, I could easily believe it if he has a penchant for vintage HiFi too.

Indeed. He comes across as a geek in a good way, a huge car fan too. It wouldn't surprise me if the kit was his or he had at least selected it. I've not heard any Jamiroquai for ages but initially they were very much mining the Stevie Wonder Innervisions-era soul-funk of the early to mid '70s so the IMF and Yamaha kit would fit with that era. I'd argue the Airdales are more jazz-era, but in fairness I'm probably even more geeky/nerdy/pedantic.

Good grief, what kind of shit biased reporting is that? The guy is harrassed and taunted by a pack of beying Fleet-street and OK Mag paparazzi arseholes. Good on him, I'd have been tempted to reverse over them, especially the cockmoron who headbutted him.

Being harassed after an award ceremony is part of being a celebrity, you just get in the car and drive away, he can afford to have a dent (if it ever happened) sorted.

Reversing over some one can never be an acceptable thing to do to another fellow human being. I don't condone the headbutt either.

Pete

I ended up having a BBQ with him at Le Mans a few years ago, had a really nice chat about cars (he had his Enzo there, which he parked in the public area so people could drool on it) and he was a thoroughly nice bloke. Helped by the fact I had no idea who he was until he said he had to go, as he was due on stage in a short time and his crew would be starting to panic! Only downside to the evening was that his girlfriend in the skin tight Ferrari yellow leather jumpsuit sat on a different table :(

I ended up having a BBQ with him at Le Mans a few years ago, had a really nice chat about cars (he had his Enzo there, which he parked in the public area so people could drool on it) and he was a thoroughly nice bloke. Helped by the fact I had no idea who he was until he said he had to go, as he was due on stage in a short time and his crew would be starting to panic! Only downside to the evening was that his girlfriend in the skin tight Ferrari yellow leather jumpsuit sat on a different table :(

Yeah, he called me to tell me he met you.. he was soo excited.. :)

advertisement

Back