advertisement

Who would you wish a "Happy Christmas" to and mean it?

canonman

pfm Member
Me, I wish a Happy Christmas to the police sergeant in the unmarked Audi that stopped me on the M4 for exceeding the speed limit yesterday by an unacceptable margin....

He didn't give me a ticket (but breathalysed me just in case!) We even had a laugh about it. Lovely guy!

He accelerated away and pulled a Honda driver, near Swindon, within a mile of moving away. Swindon...No, can't be him, surely?

Police dude who stopped me, told me I was speeding, didn't give me a ticket, but did comment appreciatively as to the exhaust note of my chariot.

I would wish a very Merry Christmas to the mod team for putting up with years of my thread Trekkings, not once issuing a life-long ban, even though I can in all honesty say I deserve one.

Joe

I would wish a very Merry Christmas to the mod team for putting up with years of my thread Trekkings, not once issuing a life-long ban, even though I can in all honesty say I deserve one.

Joe

I once tried to ban you but nobody would listen.
I now prefer most of the trekking threads to most of the regular stuff on pfm!

Happy Holidays! A dreadful Americanism which seems to gaining pace over here in the UK.

Many years ago a traffic cop chased me for 10 miles, from a pub car park (soft drinks only!)....caught up in the 30 zone. Severe bollocking but no ticket as he couldn't keep up. He wondered what it had under the bonnet....original 60'sTVR Tuscan with a big tuned V8 ...

The policeman who stopped me for murdering coalition politicians and their supporters and let me go free. Or at least, I will do if it happens.

Simon,

I once tried to ban you but nobody would listen.
I acted first, banning the other mods and Tony, so they were powerless to ban me.

Like dey say in New York, da oily boid gets da woim.

Joe

The good people at stoke cancer unit and Birmingham QE hospital (one of who I am proud to say is my own brother) for saving my best friends life.

Similarly the great staff at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital who saved mine two years ago.

Rich

That would be Happy Birthday.

Of the real Jesus - well, almost certainly not.

I find a lot to admire in the historical Jesu ben Joseph. Anti-establishment rabble rouser, heretic, drug experimenter, conjurer, women's rights activist. Sort of like a cross between Che Guevara, Aldous Huxley, bin laden and David Blane.

Were he around today the NSA would probably already be targeting drones to his last known location.

So for the old Pagan, Greek and Roman longest night celebrations hi-jacked by the early christian fundamentalist "jihadists" - I say Merry Christmas Jesus.

advertisement

Back