advertisement

Whisky II

10% off Bruichladdich including a couple of Octomore and, if anyone's looking, the 18 down to only £135:

Successful trip to Campbeltown so far. Cadenheads have plenty of their Glenfarclas “Enigma”. For once the Springbank in the demijohn knocked out its Longrow counterpart. I was delighted to buy one. Glen Scotia tomorrow and in the hotel bar tonight.

Successful trip to Campbeltown so far. Cadenheads have plenty of their Glenfarclas “Enigma”. For once the Springbank in the demijohn knocked out its Longrow counterpart. I was delighted to buy one. Glen Scotia tomorrow and in the hotel bar tonight.

Glen Scotia tasting was interesting 3 single casks and the new Festival edition. Of the casks; I liked the first fill 8yo bourbon and a rum finished 10. A wine finished 10 was less successful. £80 and up for them all, which I felt was a bit too steep.

Festival edition was interesting and more complex than the others. At £65 decent value. 19,000 bottles being produced. Finished for a mix of 6 and 12 months in Fino sherry casks. That was interesting because I found it quite “woody”, not unpleasantly so for me but if you don’t get on with that note enough to make you want to pass on it. I wonder if they started on 12 months finishing and rowed back to 6. That’s all if I remember correctly.

Then back to Cadenheads for her ladyship to pick a birthday surprise or me by her patent method, Springbank to stock up on Longrow and that’s it, the Whisky side of our trip is over.

On the Speyside theme (their fest was last week, I think), I landed another late 90's Samaroli speyside blend (21 yrs+) from whisky auctioneer last night for what I hope is a song.

Inaugural Ardnahoe now for sale if anyone fancies what can’t be older than a five yo whisky for seventy sheets a pop plus six quid postage.

That this hasn’t immediately sold out is telling us something.

Somewhat impulsively, I've splashed out a tenner on MoM to win a 25yo Brora. In case anyone didn't know (I didn't), if you read the T&Cs there is a free way to enter these competitions - just send them a postcard. Gotta be worth a trip to the post box eh?

I don't think you'd go far wrong with an Arran Bodega or Quarter Cask. Slightly over budget, but not hugely and the fact that they're not one of the Usual Suspects would show you've put a bit of effort in.
Hi SPT, I bought the Quarter Cask for my client, he was delighted with it, so thank you for recommending. Not sure if he’s drunk any.

Many thanks for the other recommendations too.

Cheers BB

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Ardnamurchan "The Midgie":
Not finished in Smidge barrels.
I'm itching...

advertisement

Back