advertisement

Which Teddy Cap For My Naim System

andyharc

Hello

I am new but have been reading with great interest for awhile now. I have a 112X and a 150X Naim system I am looking for a Teddy cap to upgrade the 112X a bit. My system has a Rega Cd player and a pair of Kef Q 7 speakers. I usually just stream content from my MAC.

Any idea which Teddy Cap would be best or at least make a bit of a difference.

THANKS

The 112X can only be powered by a single hicap so the standard Teddycap will do the job. If you are thinking of upgrading the pre-amp then you might be better off buying either the Teddycap plus or the Dual Teddycap. My first Teddy product was the plus into a 202. I was shocked by the improvement and have moved from an all-Naim system to a Squeezebox touch, Rega P9, full Teddy amps and dac plus a Teddy psu for the touch. Only the Naim IBL speakers have survived.

A Teddy psu will alter the balance of your system. My first thought was "where's the bass gone to ?" But soon realised that the famous Naim bass-hump has disappeared leaving a much more articulate lower register. There are some who prefer the bass-hump so Teddy is not for them. If you fall into this small group then plenty of people will take the psu off your hands.

The 112X can only be powered by a single hicap so the standard Teddycap will do the job. If you are thinking of upgrading the pre-amp then you might be better off buying either the Teddycap plus or the Dual Teddycap. My first Teddy product was the plus into a 202. I was shocked by the improvement and have moved from an all-Naim system to a Squeezebox touch, Rega P9, full Teddy amps and dac plus a Teddy psu for the touch. Only the Naim IBL speakers have survived.

A Teddy psu will alter the balance of your system. My first thought was "where's the bass gone to ?" But soon realised that the famous Naim bass-hump has disappeared leaving a much more articulate lower register. There are some who prefer the bass-hump so Teddy is not for them. If you fall into this small group then plenty of people will take the psu off your hands.

Stemcor is totally right: I could not appreciate the mid bass hump coming out of my Naim preamp ( nac 252) and it made boominess that distracted me from purely listening to music. the TeddySupercap fixed the issue and the money saved helped in my purchase of better speakers

advertisement

Back