advertisement

which point and shoot digi camera?

Thanks for the link - got a refurb imac last year and saved quite a bit plus free software was left on it so willing to try refurb again - Z1 would have been preference but not in stock - might go with a E900

Rgds

Darren

Point & shoot will always result in Fujis, that's seconded.

Check the "F" range too, something like F10 or F11 probably will show up rather cheap now making way for the newer modells approaching christmas.

Oh No more choice - the F10 is £125 from the refurb shop with 6 months warranty - looks tempting esp the low light and battery life angles

what to get!

I can recommend the F10 even though I managed to break mine.

In fact, if anyone's interested I have a spare battery and charger etc, and a 512MB XD card that will fit an F10 (or F11).

Dave

I also have an F10 as a point and shoot. I think it's a great little camera, as long as you don't mind that it doesn't have a viewfinder. I have a spare battery (<£10) and a 1gb card. Lasts for ages before you need to download the piccys, or need to charge it.

Seem unanimous then - have ordered an f10 - many thanks for the advice to one and all

rgds

Darren

Good to hear you are sorted - if I remember Fuji were next day delivery.

One other tip - if you need memory card or other accessories this website looks expensive. I picked up a 1gb XD card on ebay much cheaper.

Enjoy
Alan

The F10 looks great. I've dropped my Canon point & shoot so it needs replacing (still works, but only just!)

One question, how long does it take to fire when you press the button? My Canon takes an age (even before I dropped it) and is the one real disappointment with the technology.

Cheers,

Nic.

Nic

I think most point-and-shoot cameras are relatively disappointing in that area, but the F10 is better than some I have tried in the past. It does have a high-speed shooting mode where it will take a series of photos to avoid missing something.

Have a look through the manual before you get the camera, here (6mb).

should bne here monday so can tell you then but IIRC 0.1 sec was quoted on the website - will be a huge improvement on the kodac it is replacing which was closer to 10 seconds and is now thankfully defunct

rgds

darren

darren - did this turn up as expected? Just been looking at the same things so would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

For the F series Fujis, the lag is negligble if prefocused, and around 0.3 secs for full focus+shoot in high speed mode (which is not the same as Fuji's not so good conitnuous mode)

In macro and very dark (night) photos it takes much longer.

HI arrived today looks very nice, sturdy yet big enough for my clumsy mits to handle fairly easily - not great with the supplied 32meg card as this filled up in the first few minutes but Dave has kindly offered me a bigger one (voucher on its way today dave many thanks) which should make more pictures without fuss.

looks like I will have to read the instructions this time as I could not quickly work out what to do to change picture resolution etc but I have taken pics straight from the box without any issues, deleted rubbish ones and switched it on and off so can't be too bad.

Overall very impressed but then I haven't bothered going to a camera shop to check out the competition just read reviews, asked on here and ordered - Only thing I should say is having no viewfinder is a bit weird but really (when I think about it) I never used the one on the kodac point and shoot as it was so small and useless I just used the screen. The screen on this little blighter is very nice, large and clear and doesn;t seem to phased by sunlight (may be early to be sure of that one)

overall a recommended buy - not a massive saving at the refurb shop as could have got one fore £15 more that was original but to be honest if you didn;t know it was a refurb you would assume it was new, certainly seems pristine to look at

Go get one - and thanks to all for the tips last week

Happy fuji punter now - darren

I had a four year old Sony DSC-P5 3M pixel camera with only a 128M memory stick which was slow and the special Sony rechargeable battery only lasted less than 20 mins. I just didn't fancy to spend any more money on extra memory and battery for the Sony.

Today I bought a PANASONIC DMCLS2B 5M pixel point & shoot digital camera from Comet for only 71 pounds:
http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=318469

I reserved it using the Comet website and used the promotional code to get 10% off the price of 79 pounds. It normally retails from 100 to 120 pounds. Comet is now clearing the last stock. This model was only launched in Jan this year and very soon it will be replaced!

So far I found it quite good. It certainly starts up a lot faster than the old Sony and the 2" LCD is easier to see than the Sony 1.5" one.

LS2-S-slant_500.jpg

DMC-LS2S_Rear.jpg

advertisement

Back