advertisement

Where to get a cartridge checked professionally?

But that is just a small part of a cart' - that was my point. As above - it might mean nowt.
There is no special adaptation needed to any microscope, just decent lighting and experience, mostly to ensure that you don't wreck the cart' with a collision - at x200 or more, the objective is desperately close to the object.

Store any cart' in a drawer, unused, for 30 years and it will look excellent. Would the suspension be near correct? I sincerely doubt it.
Here's a picture of the cartridge with the Serial number, well at least with that I will get the age...

They are the ones I used in the past, Communication is patchy, waiting time is long, but I was happy to bear with that as they had a good reputation. I got a couple of cartridges repaired (new cantilever, ruby then boron) but the last one was basically a boron cantilever glued to what was left of the original one (maybe that's the way MC cartridges can be fixed?)
That's what it was about

One dealer currently has a Lyra Titan i for sale with a description of work they had carried out by Expert Stylus & Cartridge Co.

"Cleaning carried out supplying materials as necessary, machining connecting abutment, bonding new Boron Cantilever together with ultra low mass natural Paratrace profile diamond."

Expert Stylus & Cartridge Co.
ESCo = Expert Stylus Company I think (maybe they should put another C into it; ESCCo; or maybe not, looking at it ! ;)

Nice cart, the Titan i. A friend bought a new one for his Orbe and Five, to replace his Helikon. Not that long after, he bought a lovely used SME 20(3) with Graham Phantom arm. As his Helikon was unmounted, he stuck it on the 'new' deck. A.f.a.I.k., the situation remains the same after, maybe 7 years? Whereas both Lyras love unipivots, the Titan i would best the Helikon on that Phantom i.m.o.

advertisement

Back