advertisement

Where to buy Tellurium Q Speaker Cables?

naimsg

pfm Member
Anyone knows of any place where I can buy Tellurium Q speakers cables online and get them shipped over to me. I am located at Singapore.

I am thinking of getting one 1.5m pair of Tellurium Q Graphite speaker cable.

Thanks! :)

I am thinking of getting one 1.5m pair of Tellurium Q Graphite speaker cable.

Thanks! :)

Just be careful about short runs with Naim power amps - Naim Audio insist on lengths of at least 3 metres - lots about this on the Naim website.

Sorry if I have assumed incorrectly from your username that you enjoy Naim amplification.

Just got mine from Mains cales r us , I had them on loan for a week and could send them back if I did not like them , of course thet were not sent back ! not sure if he will send them to singapore but david is a nice guy to deal with

You can buy it from Ray at Raindrop audio in Singapore.
Go for a 3.5m to be safe if you are using Naim equipment.

I am no longer using any Naim equipment anymore.

I am currently using Teddy's MB100, so there is no speaker cable length limitation. :)

I know Ray ;). Pricing issue ...

What I meant in regards to the pricing issue is that dealers in Singapore tends to mark up the pricing of hifi equipment. And their pricing is not as transparent as in UK. There is no such thing as a RRP in Singapore. For really expensive hifi products, the pricing that the dealers quote different customers can vary in terms of thousands of sgd singapore dollars. For example, I used to buy a hifi equipment from an audio shop that has a UK RRP of GBP3000. The dealer know that I know of the RRP thing, so they quoted me quite close to it. One month later, my friend went to the same shop and was quoted GBP600 more than the price that I bought.

Things get more tricky as there is normally one shop selling one hifi brand in Singapore. So, if you are uncomfortable working with the shop (because you know of their practices), then you don't have much of a choice.

The most important thing is why pay much more for the same product! Why be subjected to their mark up :)

I am no longer using any Naim equipment anymore.

I am currently using Teddy's MB100, so there is no speaker cable length limitation. :)

I know Ray ;). Pricing issue ...

I'm aware of dealers jacking up the prices. I have dealt with Ray before and I didn't think the prices he quoted were unreasonable.

I had received quotes from him before ... ;)

As oversea buyers, we do not have to pay for the 20% VAT. Shipping from UK to Singapore is not expensive at all, its even cheaper if you have corporate account. The shipping can be even cheaper than taking a cab from my house to his shop (to and fro). And I do not even have to travel to his shop (which can take a few hours), the courier will send it to my house directly.

Can you get Tell-Q off the reel ??
All the dealers seem to only sell it terminated, I want mine with my own special silver plated Naim plugs or I will stay with what I have.

Can you get Tell-Q off the reel ??
All the dealers seem to only sell it terminated, I want mine with my own special silver plated Naim plugs or I will stay with what I have.

If you are using Naim plugs or F terminated 'jumpers' then you may need to modify the cables if you are no longer using naim amps or if you change to a different speakers (as the binding post spacing is different). Using TQ standard plugs seems to be more flexible? :)

advertisement

Back