advertisement

Where should the better interconnect be depolyed?

In that I purchased a brand of interconnect , It replaced the more expensive van den hul I had , I played my music , I preferred it . :D I thought it was excellent as defined below

Adjective
Extremely good; outstanding.

You can make of this what you will .
I can make nothing of it at all :( Excellent in colour? Standard of construction? What was excellent?

In answer to Whatsnext:

MF KW SACD
SQUEEZEBOX RECEIVER - breathed upon by Brent at Fidelity Audio and with Paul Hynes PSU
Chord Signature Digital to KW25 DAC - currently Chord Anthem 2's
KW Pre
KW 750

Replacing with Chord Signatures.......

First pair arrive tomorrow.

My experience is different to what some others are recommending. I think the answer might vary depending on your system.

For me I noticed that the pre-power connection benefited most from an interconnect upgrade. System was ARC DAC8>CJ ACT2>CJ Prem 140, cable upgrade was Kimber Select 1036.

My experience is different to what some others are recommending. I think the answer might vary depending on your system.

For me I noticed that the pre-power connection benefited most from an interconnect upgrade. System was ARC DAC8>CJ ACT2>CJ Prem 140, cable upgrade was Kimber Select 1036.

You are relating your experience the others quoting dogma.

I'd suggest the predominant source to pre. However if you have multiple sources with a reasonably equal split of use between them, perhaps pre to power is the best option.

I use a Mac mini as my predominant source so I have my best interconnect from the DAC to the amplifier. That said, I use an integrated amplifier so my second suggestion can be considered moot if you value each respondent's personal experience.

It can't hurt to try the possible options but if the interconnects have been in place for some time, a few ol' in and outs (or cleaning) before swapping will level the playing field accordingly.

Out of interest, what is your best interconnect?

We're talking about two options here.

Why not just try the interconnects both ways round and see which sounds best. If you can't tell the difference it doesn't matter.

Too simple?

In general source to pre is at a higher signal level than pre to power. So there is some logic to using the "best" interconnect between pre and power.

In general source to pre is at a higher signal level than pre to power. So there is some logic to using the "best" interconnect between pre and power.

Or, in that case, the lower capacitance lead? If that info is supplied by manufacturer (e.g. Atlas do, Chord don't).

We're talking about two options here.

Why not just try the interconnects both ways round and see which sounds best. If you can't tell the difference it doesn't matter.

Too simple?

You just don't get it, do you? It's got to be a blind a/b/c/d test, followed by at least three arguments about most apects of the testing conditions.

I've taken a punt on some new cables and don't have the old ones to compare them to; getting a pre amp as well (went from DAC > Power amp to DAC > pre > power).

I'm confident it'll sound better than before (but how will I know etc etc).

If you have a selection of I/Cs on the table in front of and are about to categorize these for use between various components how do you decide which is best, even before you decide which goes where?

If you have a selection of I/Cs on the table in front of and are about to categorize these for use between various components how do you decide which is best, even before you decide which goes where?

You ask a bunch of Real Audiophiles.

I don't know if this is still the case but Chord interconnects were somewhat inconsistent through their range, i.e. as you moved up the range you didn't necessarily get more (or less) of the same.

The Anthem interconnects were arguably better balanced than the Signatures, for example.

advertisement

Back