advertisement

Where can I get Acrylic cut to match Quadraspire

Rosie

pfm Member
I have an old discontinued Quadraspire acrylic platform with four Quadraspire reference spikes for the also discontinued Musicworks 'straight six ' mains block and would very much like a second one . No joy on
e-bay , I wondered if I could get one made .
Using the one I have as a template can anybody recommend a company who could cut one for me from a sheet of Acrylic mail order for a realistic price ?

Can't recommend any company etc myself but a quick Google (eg Acrylic cut to size) will find any number of companies offering custom and cut to size acrylic. Probably a growth industry due to the demand for safety screens in shops etc to protect staff from COVID-19.

Whereabouts are you, Rosie. I believe MusicWorks use a firm in the Manchester area. I can PM you the name if helpful.

There wil be a plastics supplier near you who can do it. I have Stockline Plastics in Glasgow. These guys can pretty much do anything you need.

I have a mate who had one of these, back in the day. He's recently had a clearout and skipped some acrylic bits, but he thinks he might still have one. He's going to have a rummage. If he does, I'll put you in touch.

Thanks guys , I do have a perspex signmaker on the edge of tqwn . They cut letters and numbers all day so a Quadraspire Ref shelf should be easy .

I usually ask Tokyu Hands in Shibuya. They can cut and drill acrylic onsite for quick turnaround.And they do a nice, accurate job from drawings / measurements. Not much help for most on here of course, but they get my custom and recommendation

I’ve had a number made o the exact specifications, including the holes to accommodate the collars. They were a fraction of the cost. Mine were done at Bay Plastics on the Tyne Tunnel trading estate. Any Perspex company should be able to do them. However, many are over run with work due to COVID-19 and making shields etc.

advertisement

Back