advertisement

Where best to get film developed?

calorgas

Generic middle-aged man
We've inherited a tidy Olympus Trip 35 and are planning to buy a couple of films to rediscover the joys (and disappointments) of using a compact film camera. Thing is, I don't really know where best to get them developed any more. A quick google throws up a few places still offering it but some only do colour and some don't print but only scan to digital (or that's what it seemed). So, any recommendations?

I do already own an old but working Fujica SLR that was last used by my daughter for her A-Level photography but she did the developing at the college and I haven't used it for at least 15 years. I might revive that too if I have a good Trip trip.

Dark Room in Cheltenham is great.

If you shoot B&W, then learning to develop your own film is a) easy, b) cheap and c) once you've learnt, you will never send your film out again

Perfect, thanks fellas, I'll look into those.

Developing my own seems unlikely, but you never know!

Many years ago I used to develop 35mm B/W and it was relatively easy. Scanning 35mm however is quite tedious.
Now I send my 35mm film to AG photo for develop and scan, and am happy with the results. I get the medium resolution 18mb files.

Many years ago I used to develop 35mm B/W and it was relatively easy. Scanning 35mm however is quite tedious.
Now I send my 35mm film to AG photo for develop and scan, and am happy with the results. I get the medium resolution 18mb files.

I was a fan of Ag (I guess?) but they scratched up one of my medium format negatives pretty badly, I've not used them since

advertisement

Back