advertisement

WhatsApp problem,

graystoke4

pfm Member
Hi, i have just bought a used iphone 13, off eBay, i have transferred everything over to the new phone, but for the life of me i can't seem to get a code to re- logon to whatsapp,
they send me a message that a code is coming, but then nothing, i have tried to contact W-app, but there is no number, i have sent emails, but to be honest i don't really know where these email's are going,
i took the phone to a phone shop, he didn't have a clue, the phone is not barred by W-app, i am at a loss,
i am on Tesco sim only deal, and the phone is on O2, i have been told this should not be a problem, as tesco piggybacks off O2 anyway, and i get the message from W-app,
any help would be useful, i'm off to the shops now, and will be a couple of hours
thanks andy,,,

Whatsapp as far as I am aware logs you in by your phone number. If you had elected to save chat history that should then all come down.

If its not picking up your phone number it will offer you at initial launch to tell it the number

There’s something weird with WhatsApp in that it seems to be tied to the physical id of the phone. I have a contact who had a temporary number but then ported to their old number. Sometimes the temp number shows when he calls me on WhatsApp. I’ve no idea though how to fix this though in your case a full reset could do it.

Last edited:
I thought it was tied to the SIM, i've changed phone a few times and never had a problem.

Currently runs on cheap Samsung phone plus 4 other devices.

It doesn't run on my old PC which iirc is Win7 updated now to W10 so maybe the old phone is the issue?

It will run on win 10,. launch the app then on the phone pull up settings and add device, then scan the QR code the whatapp on the pc will be showing

I thought it was tied to the SIM, i've changed phone a few times and never had a problem.

Currently runs on cheap Samsung phone plus 4 other devices.

It doesn't run on my old PC which iirc is Win7 updated now to W10 so maybe the old phone is the issue?
It is tied to the phone number but it can get confused when the number for a phone changes…hence my thinking there’s some sort of extra security check.

I think this will be one of those greystoke threads where he never responds again. But just down load the app and when launched tell it what phone number you want to use. I have never had to have WhatsApp send me a code for any reason even on the business version

I have certainly changed phone (with the same SIM) and had no problem.
Same, on multiple occasions and the only problem I've ever had is getting it to restore my messages (back in the pre google back up days - in fact I was reticent to use google drive back up for a long time, even after it was available).

It will run on win 10,. launch the app then on the phone pull up settings and add device, then scan the QR code the whatapp on the pc will be showing

Fine on my newer W10 computers but not on the old one upgraded from W7 for some reason.

Hi, i'm back, i will try to download W-app on my laptop,
also i have kept the same number,
Also having trouble downloading it, my laptop is 12 years old and upgraded to windows 10, but i have a brand new one and will try to download it on that, windows 12, in a few days,
just had an email, from w-app, telling me they do not have a direct phone number, but if i send them my problem they will look into it, well the problem was in the email i sent them, technology is great when it works, and a bugger when it's on the blink,

When you download WhatsApp on the laptop open it the first thing it shows is a code, scan it with your WhatsApp on your phone.

It really not complicated

advertisement

Back