advertisement

What's Your Power Block.

I think mine is only the "lowly" MTS-6. I bought it in a high end hifi shop in Hong Kong, it was the only model they had in stock. It has US sockets. I bought a collection of Oyaide plugs too (the 004) are the best.

I just used a basic "non hifi" power strip. Getting the mains sorted has massively improved my system.

You must have more kit than white goods and appliances added together !!!! A nearly 6 metre shelf? That's got to be one entire wall, surely! I got fed p with accessing the rear of kit on virtually all wall shelves and made a 3 shelf ply unit about 1.5 m affixed to one wall but 18 to 20 " away from the wall, so I can walk behind all of my kit. As much of it (5 pieces) is delicately balance on three cones or suchlike, it obviates the necessity to move the kit at all.

Re. your supplies, I'm now totally confused. You affirm 'spurs' yet surely, what you have are (separate) radials, each terminating at the c.u. separately. Yes, you could have a spur off a radial (as you don't have ring mains) but I suspect that you have no need to do this. A spur can only emanate from an existing circuit, by definition.

Sorry Mike - the UK's weird mains arrangements confuse me. If 'spurs' come off an existing circuit - then yes, I have 13x separate radials (each ending in a switched ppt), going back to the switch board in the music room. (This is a subsidiary of the house's main switchboard, downstairs.)

One of these (10KVA balanced transformer, hardwired to mains)
557_photo1_WMwithmcb.JPG

Feeding two Wireworld Matrix 2 Shuok blocks for all the bits of kit.
I’ve removed the IEC socket and hardwired directly to the output taps of the Balanced Transformer.
sounds good. :)
eng_pl_Wireworld-Matrix-2-2000_1.jpg

Musicworks (second hand), 12gang unfiltered PDU and Black Rhodium 4gang.

All in the same room, though the Black Rhodium is in use for two lava lamps, a plasma ball and a Laserpod, for the days when I want something visual that's not too abysmal...

I’ve read through the thread and it appears that Olson distribution power blocks/strips seem to have a bit of a following, upon looking at their website there are numerous options - the ones I am interested in use IEC C13 sockets, but on looking closer the metal cased blocks/strips have an external earthing wire. I assume that this external earth wire is for use when use in a metal rack and will have no use in a domestic setting? Is this correct?

My intention would be to use IEC C13 to IEC C14 plug to socket power cords for Naim equipment?

Anyone used this idea before?

FWIW if anyone is looking for a decent quality but cheap mains block I bought one of these (Amazon) a month or so ago for non-audio use. It is nicely made (in Germany) from extruded alloy and certainly a good few steps up from the typical supermarket junk. No idea what it sounds like as I’m using it for IT stuff, but I was well impressed for the cash.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back