advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sweetest monster of a power amplifier the ME750 and a PR1. Having come from Naim gear I am using those cheap rca interconnects that come with big box retailer products, more fun to be had here then.

Robby I think that combo would sound great! I'm especially interested in how good the Chord 2Qute is after the glowing review in Hi-Fi Choice.

a pair of Epos M5i in very good condition at a very good low price from ebay. And a new Audiolab 8200 CDQ at an end of line price :). The speakers just the job, unlike many here not too bright or agressive and better than the monster Monitor Audio MD852 I had been using for 30 years ( still in very good condition, just too big tonally for the small listening room I have now). I dont find any of the frequency imbalance that some reviewers found when new. Also they give enough bass for me ( some one said you need a subwoofer? must have strange expectations?)

Went mad and bought a Shindo Aurigies Pre. I thought my Audio Note M2 was musical but this is on a different level. Also just had my WAD 300b PP serviced and the power supplies improved with chokes.

All in all the system is better than its ever been.

Wow - a Hafler 101. I still have one of those, with a custom power supply from Chesterfield Audio.
Last purchase: Linn Klimax Twin amp

Arrived a couple of hours ago. Accuphase's first monos from 1975. Reference quality then - should be interesting to see how they fare sonically now.

Spec'd at 300 Watts into 8 Ohms. Measurements appear to indicate they actually deliver 450W into 8 and 540 Watts into 4 Ohms.

$_57.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom