advertisement

What's the hifi?

Dogberry

pfm Member
6154.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/feb/14/make-mine-a-single-drinks-to-enjoy-solo

Hi,
Is it an old photograph, or a new photograph of someone in an old decorated room etc ?.

Regards,
Shadders.

Looks like a Pioneer receiver and AR speakers plus a nice picture of a Constellation on the wall which helps to date the photo.

The rack is a Paul Cadovious 'Royal System' wall unit. This is still made though the modern copy isn't compatible with the original.
If anyone desperately wants this wall unit I have one in my garage, it's original, and I've owned it for about 40 yrs and it wasn't new then. It's been used in kids bedrooms, in the garage and some bits are missing but if anyone fancies a furniture restoration project, the underlying structure is well made and still sound. Cosmetically most of it is sh*t. I have a full depth three drawer unit, full depth desk, full depth drinks cabinet. A half depth unit with sliding wooden drawers, and a selection of full and half depth shelves. I really need to put it on eBay!

Pioneer SX-750 was in my first hifi in the 70's along with a garrard gt35p and a pair of wharfedale chevins. the poineer and the garrard are still doing service for my mum.
Rgds
Stuart

Yep...could be US, is that Kennedy in the picture above the Constellation?

Ev'ry picture tells a story, but the eyesight or magnification capabilities of some of you is uncanny. It's not exactly a high def. picture !

advertisement

Back