advertisement

"What's The Bloody Point?"

I must admit I find it difficult to find any reason to buy a brand new TT because the price is enormous compared to a vintage one. I have a Garrard 401, fully restored by Loricraft with a PSU80 and Naim Aro arm. I doubt if I would be able to sell that lot for £1600 and it's almost certainly a lot better TT.

I must admit I find it difficult to find any reason to buy a brand new TT because the price is enormous compared to a vintage one. I have a Garrard 401, fully restored by Loricraft with a PSU80 and Naim Aro arm. I doubt if I would be able to sell that lot for £1600 and it's almost certainly a lot better TT.

You'd probably get that for the Aro.

They say customers asked for it. Well probably not for a rebadged Rega specifically but it’s what they’ve got. I wonder if there’s anything to distinguish it from an actual Rega, some VTA adjustment perhaps or a separate ground wire?

Unless there are some markets where Exposure has better distribution than Rega perhaps? Hard to see, but could be the case?

Perhaps it gives an Exposure dealer a halfway decent turntable to sell without having to become a Rega dealer. I think it would look great on top of my stack of Exposure amps though I don’t see the point of replacing what I already have!

9qxqnud.jpeg

They say customers asked for it. Well probably not for a rebadged Rega specifically but it’s what they’ve got. I wonder if there’s anything to distinguish it from an actual Rega, some VTA adjustment perhaps or a separate ground wire?
I suspect nothing more than Exposure branding, black top brace, and red felt.

Certainly no VTA adjustment, or separate ground wire!

Exposure 360 rear view (you can just make out the hinge screw anchors hole caps beneath each fastner, which proves the same ultra-light Tancast 8 core plinth as Planar 6):
exposure-360-rear-view.jpg

I wonder if there’s anything to distinguish it from an actual Rega, some VTA adjustment perhaps or a separate ground wire?
Rega have never offered either of these on any turntable so I don't see them doing it for Exposure. The separate ground is a waste of time anyway. The way Rega do it is much less problematic.

advertisement

Back