Votes: 1 2.4%
  • TimeTable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isoblue

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • On the floor or crapet ... its only a old fruitbox

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
On the standard feet, I still rate the original sound org table. Mine's on a wall shelf (quadraspire) and i've never compared others. I think Isoblue are coming out with a wall shelf and I have a funny feeling that could be quite effective..

It'll depend on the floor but as wall shelves go, Mana is the absolute bee's knees. The difference between it and a Sound Org shelf was significant in my experience. I've gone on record to say you haven't heard the best from an LP12 unless it's on Mana.

James

It'll depend on the floor but as wall shelves go, Mana is the absolute bee's knees. The difference between it and a Sound Org shelf was significant in my experience. I've gone on record to say you haven't heard the best from an LP12 unless it's on Mana.

James

Same here but with Mana Table vs Sound Org table

James

have you heard a skyline though with 3 feet mod ?

better than phase 3 mana IMO

and most things are better than a sound org

its just that the SO is the thing most people have heard so they have a comment or two about it

I've used turntables with the original Sound Org stand (which was a very pricey 50 quid back then), a modified Sound Org stand (I inserted three carriage bolts in an equilateral configuration which allowed further isolation and levelling), a RATA tripod Torlyte stand and a Mana wallshelf. The best VFM from what I recall was-suprise- the RATA stand...it was very lightweight, sturdy and spiked. My table at the time (the Source) certainly gave a quicker, snappier presentation when sited on it.

Is a crapet like a small crapper, like a bidet is it?

I know you had yours in the bathroom, near the shower curtain, but that was a bit avant-garde for the folk here.

DS

Quadraspire's new Q4evo Bamboo shelf is worthy of serious consideration. I have the wall shelf model and have been quite impressed. I was the first to take delivery here in the US a few weeks ago as well. My dealer had heard the prototypes and became quick fans.

I cannot vote as you have left out Hutter, which is the best

No! I have Hutter and I use it for my hi-end TT. But the Skyline is an outstanding support for an LP12. It makes a huge difference. I had both at the same time and kept my LP12 on the Skyline Platform.

Cheers,

DV

I can only speak from the experience I've had with the stands I've owned and Mana is night and day better than the others. But that was two levels, or 'Reference' as they call it. Two was better than Audiotech, Target and Sound Org but it's now on eleven and each level has been an improvement.

Although I use a floor stand I would have to say that, all else being equal, wall shelves sound better in my opinion.

Audiotech, Sound Org, Mana... all receive more votes than the rest, all long gone.

So much for progress (I voted Sound Org, BTW).

Is it any wonder this whole hi-fi thing is dying on its arse here? We are the ones enthusiastic enough to go on forums time and again and we are too damn mean to even buy something new.

Mana IMHO. Mine was on phase 4. It's funny how my P9 also likes Mana, but sounds congested from phase 2. Just the single Sound Table and it sings. LP12's isolation must be rather poor in a way.

advertisement

Back