advertisement

What's the best in ear wireless?

AirPods 2 pro here. Very good, and also useful for quiet naps in noisy environments.

My fiio fh9 iem with the wireless mmcx utwms5 ear hooks.

My wife's got a pair of Fill T1 lite, cost about £30, excellent too.

I hate wired earphones, bloody wires do my nut in, I've a pair Revonext QT2s, doesn't matter how carefully you put them on a table they are always tangled.

I'm also getting curious about wireless earbuds. My daughter has some skullcandy Rail and they sound pretty good. Not as good as my current on-the-go set up which is an iFi Go DAC dongle and Sony MDR-EX650APT, but not bad at all for just €65. I've been looking at Sony mostly as I have never been disappointed with their earphones, but am tempted by the others mentioned above. For instance:

@snaphappybob, what others did you try out?

To ease my curiosity, I just bought a pair of Sony WF-C700N. I have to say I am so far hugely underwhelmed. They sound dull, flat and quiet compared to my DAC/wired Sony 'phones, which are very exciting and engaging. I was expecting a bit of a reduction in quality due to the lack of external DAC, but this really is the fabled 'night and day'. I've fiddled with settings a little bit, which has slightly improved things but they cannot hold a candle to my wired setup. I'm playing FLAC files on a micro SD card on a Samsung A54, via Neutron music player.

I'll fiddle a bit more but I'm keeping the box, as these are quite likely going back.

I recently bought AirPod 2 Pros. They have fascinating technical capabilities beyond wireless listening. I had an acute hearing loss in my better ear and was unable to hear speech, the TV or hifi for a number of weeks. You can flip through a number of EQ profiles but you can also upload to them an audiogram which you can take in various other apps.

They can noise cancel of course but you can also do the opposite- ie. enhance ambient sound by amplifying it and applying correction to it, so they’ll work as hearing aids to some degree. Not great for serious impairment but as my hearing is coming back, very effective for TV, dialogue listening etc. You can see how this will knock much of the hearing aid commercial racket.

For music in this setting, they also beat my Sonys which I previously found great.

Seconded on the Momentum 3 - I bought a set of these to replace some WH1000-MX3s that I killed by working out, and while they were meant as a means to an end, they've become a favorite way to listen to music. Excellent.
Are the Sennheisers OK for working out in? I wouldn't want to knacker them with sweat.

Are the Sennheisers OK for working out in? I wouldn't want to knacker them with sweat.
Yes - by far I've listened to them the most in the year that I've had them while either riding the Peloton, or walking my dog at the park. I haven't had any issues. They were my replacement for a set of Sony WH1000-XM3, which a) were a lot less comfortable to wear, and b) which did get in fact get knackered thanks to sweat.

Yes - by far I've listened to them the most in the year that I've had them while either riding the Peloton, or walking my dog at the park. I haven't had any issues. They were my replacement for a set of Sony WH1000-XM3, which a) were a lot less comfortable to wear, and b) which did get in fact get knackered thanks to sweat.
Thanks.
I've gone for a cheaper pair of Jabras for the moment; but will bear that in mind if I don't get on with them.

So I picked up a pair of B&O, because reviews said best SQ, well they okay, no where near the Sure..... but the ANC is complete joke, or is broken, as I can't get it to have any effect from playing with the App. What they achieve is just from the fit in the ear. So I've requested to send them back to the seller.
What model were the B&Os?

advertisement

Back