advertisement

What's the best in ear wireless?

9designs

pfm Member
Or should I not waste my time !!! Which I'm now wondering.

I have some Sure 535 wired IEMs take an age to get seated nicely, so for some traveling I thought get some ANC in ear wireless.,

Read the reviews re Sony, Apple, BOSE, B&O ......
Wife has AirPod Pro2, not that impressed with the sound, bass seems wrong, soft, over blown and wooly. So I picked up a pair of B&O, because reviews said best SQ, well they okay, no where near the Sure..... but the ANC is complete joke, or is broken, as I can't get it to have any effect from playing with the App. What they achieve is just from the fit in the ear. So I've requested to send them back to the seller.

Are the Sony and BOSE going to disappoint as well on SQ?

Wasting my time/money !

I have pair of Beoplay H3 wired IEMs. I am happy with the sound quality, but while the ANC does have some effect I'm sure there more effective systems out there.

The B&O have been returned........ So BOSE Ultra arrived today...... The difference is comical. Have to say I'm quite impressed, SQ is just as good, more so when you switch the immersive function on. If the B&O weren't faulty they should be done under trade descriptions act !!!

Sennheiser Momentum 3 - Use these little buds for Metro commuting here in Hangzhou and they are great. ANC is excellent and SQ managed a big thumbs up from me as they reproduced Tian from Khmer by Nils Petter Molvaer incredibly well. The app is good and gives you plenty of control options.

I also have some Momentum 4 for use in work and they also manage to cut out the 'Americans' which is no mean feat!

I avoided them based on reviews not sounding as good as others, plus not good reliability and quality.

So far the BOSE are impressive

I used Shure SE846s for years and find them a fuss to get in and out, esp if you have to speak when travelling etc. I bought Sony WF1000Mx4s. I was very pleasantly surprised how good they sounded having been underwhelmed by BT connection sound quality on Momentum 2.0 over ear headphones. Now I’ve not made a critical side by side comparison with the Shures but the SQ and sheer convenience of the Sony IEMs won me over immediately.Also the noise cancelling for public transport is excellent. Certainly worth a punt at this price,

Sony WF-1000XM4 Truly Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone - Up to 24 hours battery life -Optimised for Alexa and Google Assistant-with built-in mic for calls, Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B095DNPH4R/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Sennheiser Momentum 3 - Use these little buds for Metro commuting here in Hangzhou and they are great. ANC is excellent and SQ managed a big thumbs up from me as they reproduced Tian from Khmer by Nils Petter Molvaer incredibly well. The app is good and gives you plenty of control options.

I also have some Momentum 4 for use in work and they also manage to cut out the 'Americans' which is no mean feat!

Seconded on the Momentum 3 - I bought a set of these to replace some WH1000-MX3s that I killed by working out, and while they were meant as a means to an end, they've become a favorite way to listen to music. Excellent.

Not ANC, but I have a pair of Sony WF-C500 that I find perfectly acceptable for when out and about.

Maybe I've just become somewhat immune to traffic noise but the only place I find the outside world intrusive when I use them is on the Tube. Out on the street they have more than enough noise suppression for me. Anyway, I'd not want to use anything that could prevent me from hearing the horn of a car that I'm just about to walk in front of, so proper ANC devices would never be on my list of options.

I'm also getting curious about wireless earbuds. My daughter has some skullcandy Rail and they sound pretty good. Not as good as my current on-the-go set up which is an iFi Go DAC dongle and Sony MDR-EX650APT, but not bad at all for just €65. I've been looking at Sony mostly as I have never been disappointed with their earphones, but am tempted by the others mentioned above. For instance:
Status Audio 3ANC. https://www.status.co/products/between-3anc?variant=43507839893762
Got them cheaper than a pair of Airpods pro with staff discount.
They're not the most ergonomic or elegant designs but they sound better than any I've heard.

@snaphappybob, what others did you try out?

I'm also getting curious about wireless earbuds. My daughter has some skullcandy Rail and they sound pretty good. Not as good as my current on-the-go set up which is an iFi Go DAC dongle and Sony MDR-EX650APT, but not bad at all for just €65. I've been looking at Sony mostly as I have never been disappointed with their earphones, but am tempted by the others mentioned above. For instance:

@snaphappybob, what others did you try out?
I've tried the Airpods pro 2 which are pretty good sound and ergonomically they are so well designed to work with iPhones but sound wise, the 3ANC are the best I've heard.

I've tried loads of wireless earbuds. Some of the ones I like are from Sony, Jabra, Marshall, Edifier, Creative, Jaybird. Shure sound good but a little fiddly to operate. Another big thing for me is how secure they are especially for running. In fact for running I now use bone conducting earphones which are very secure as well as not blocking your ears at all!

Not ANC, but I have a pair of Sony WF-C500 that I find perfectly acceptable for when out and about.

I got a pair of those for Christmas, really surprised how good they are, the app is great too.

I had a pair of Shanling MTW100 balanced armature wireless earphones that were very good but I lost the right earphone last year unfortunately.

advertisement

Back