advertisement

What's happening with Kraftwerk?!!!!!

moomaloo

pfm Member
The Kraftwerk remasters were announced months and months ago but there is still no sign of them. The official website has no information (about anything!) and I can't get an answer anywhere else.

There was a promo (I think) box set of remastered CD's released in tiny numbers late last year but I didn't know anything about it until now (did anybody get one?) so I missed out.

Does anyone have any information / release dates etc?

..I've just come back from the record stores looking for the re-issues. They are top of my list at the moment.

While the release date of the Kraftwerk remasters is a major issue in my life*, it has now been overshadowed by the news that the new series of Captain Scarlet will start in February.

I wonder if Kraftwerk ever saw the original Captain Scarlet? There are definite aesthetic (visual) resonances.

* Just in case it needs to be explained to anyone, this is supposed to self-deprecating humour - it's just that I'm not very good at it...

Originally posted by JeremyD
it has now been overshadowed by the news that the new series of Captain Scarlet will start in February.
Really? I was a HUGE fan as a kid (also Joe90 and Stingray). Are they using Supermarionation? No icky CG I hope...

As far as the remasters go, experience with other remasters doesn' fill me with hope or much expectation. I suspect most people on here are far more insterested in scoring quality vinyl, than compressed, "cleaned up" CDs with the volume set too high.

Joel, the new Captain Scarlet is CGI but please don't write it off until you've seen it. A trailer can be downloaded from: http://www.captainscarlet.com/. There's plenty of superficial stuff that one might complain about - e.g. the boring new Spectrum logo and Lieutenant Green's inexplicable sex-change - but I'm still optimistic.

As for the Kraftwerk remasters, I would be most surprised if they were mangled in the way you fear - this is Kraftwerk, after all. Also, the remasters will supposedly be available on CD, SACD and vinyl.

I saw all the new Kraftwerk vinyl releases in the record bin at my favorite shop the other day. I didn't pick any up as I had already spent far too much buying all the Faces/Small Faces vinyl reissues (which are absolutely fantastic sounding as well as having the original covers).

The Kraftwerk jackets look the business if that's any clue. I'll post here in the next few days on the LP quality unless someone beats me to it.

There were several copies of each record, so I'm assuming at least one will be there for me when I go back on Monday. The clerk did say these aren't "limited editions", so they will definitely be reordering and keeping them in stock.

Ron The Mon

advertisement

Back