advertisement

what's better than chord cobra for CD3.5 to preamp?

folks have weighed in with thoughts about the CD3.5, but as this is the player you have, let's just focus on making the CD3.5 sound good ;)

I ran a CD3.5 for about ten years. In my experience the optimum combo was CD3.5 with external PSU, connected to NAC62 preamp by an AR Sound Green Link din-din. The Green link will certainly remove the 'veiled' sound you mention in your opening post. I guess the Green Link could edge a bare CD3.5 to brightness, which is where the PSU came in - a bit more weight and richness to the sound, which balanced well with the properties of the interconnect.

I've been looking at this recently too, and found this an interesting read.
I've had Chrysalis (their first cable), and Cobra, then some Flashback Premiere cable, with the built in attenuation due to my older Naim amps, but have put Shawline into a couple of key locations and have found it very good.
Within the historic range of cables, in order it's Chrysalis/ Crimson/ Cobra/ Chameleon. I've never tried the last one, but reports sound interesting, based on the above link and what folks have said on here.

advertisement

Back