advertisement

What's a DV XX2 worth?

Markus S

41 - 29
I have a Dyna XX2 (not Mk II). Good condition, used, mileage unknown, stylus checked and showing no signs of use. I intend to put it in the classifieds here at some point but have no idea of its worth as it came attached to a used turntable I bought.

Any idea of what to ask?

I have a Dyna XX2 (not Mk II). Good condition, used, mileage unknown, stylus checked and showing no signs of use. I intend to put it in the classifieds here at some point but have no idea of its worth as it came attached to a used turntable I bought.

Any idea of what to ask?

You'ld be better off not advertising it, but instead PM'ing me with an offer to sell at 100 quid.

Markus,

The XX-2 Mk I sold for about $2k US when it was new, but as you know it was superseded by the Mk II version a few years ago, which rarely increases the value of the deleted product.

If it's in good shape I think 20% of the original asking price would be reasonable, so ~$400/ ~250 UKP / ~300 Euro. You'll be low-balled, of course, so ask for 100 billion dollars and see where it goes.

Joe

Markus,

Is the XX-2 old enough to be considered vintage yet? There's your key to fortune.

Joe

Markus,

Have you listened to it to verify it is performing as it should? Appearances can be deceiving ...

James

advertisement

Back