advertisement

what3words

Did this a while ago, it's on my phone, and my wife's. We do go walking so it makes particular sense, but I think it's a brilliantly simple idea.

I don't want this thread to vanish until it's been seen by a good number, as it's one of the most valuable ones here. What3words is a lifesaver. Have the app on your phone, and if you find yourself needing to call the emergency services, but don't know exactly where you are, this app will enable you to tell them to within 10 metres.
I'm going to keep bumping it for a few days, if necessary.

This 3 words thread has so much more value than the “3 words daily” thread on A N Other HiFi forum...

Never know when it could be useful so no harm in having it on your phone.

Would have been useful for my mum's house. Postcode takes you 1.5 miles past the house! I lost count of the people who thought the satnav knew better than my directions.

Of course Postcode was not designed for navigation, it was of course designed for postal delivery.

Got it yesterday. Other half is going surveying habitats in the middle of trackless wastes later this week so a good thing to have in the face of any mishaps.

Audio probe train and, better, skirt descended flats are in a field near me. I so much want to stay in skirt descended flats.

It's a great app, so simple, and thankfully I've had no need to use it yet. Tempting to go fall off a waterfall to test it out. Couple of questions:

Doesn't it rather depend on having a phone signal to be of use?
Is there a way to set up family groups, so you can see last known locations? (yes find my iphone would do the same, but would be handy in here as well)

advertisement

Back