advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

SourcePoint 8s
IMG-7004.jpg
IMG-7005.jpg

Thats interesting. Is this the mini cable elevators? What made you buy them?
I'm not taking the piss - yes those are the ones; a few reasons for purchase:

-I'm really quite happy with the way everything is sounding now,

-I can't make significant component improvements (not sideways moves) without a big outlay,

So I've had fun with little tweaks here and there and have experienced nice uplifts with some of what I've previously tried.

I'm not taking the piss - yes those are the ones; a few reasons for purchase:

-I'm really quite happy with the way everything is sounding now,

-I can't make significant component improvements (not sideways moves) without a big outlay,

So I've had fun with little tweaks here and there and have experienced nice uplifts with some of what I've previously tried.
Thanks for coming back positively - much appreciated. I feel the same about tweaks (and cables) Can I ask what else you have tried to good effect?

Just been offered one of the Sony universal players, a SONY DVP-NS900V QS, cheap (£90) so have purchased that. One of the blown up CD players I have was the only one of mine that did SACD so it'll be nice to have a player with that capability again.

No idea what the SONY DVP-NS900V QS will be like as a CD transport but the online reviews seem decent enough.
Having an initial listen to it now and it sounds pretty good. I'll need to dig out an SACD and give that a try as well.

Quad 34/306/FM4 stack with original stand. Sounds absolutely lovely into my Quad 10L, which comes as no surprise :)

Trying to decide whether to commit to keeping it properly long term and invest in getting the 34 & 306 serviced.

I’ve always loved the look of that era of Quad gear. Owned older and newer Quad (33/303, 99/909), but not that range for some reason, and no idea why not!

I’ve always loved the look of that era of Quad gear. Owned older and newer Quad (33/303, 99/909), but not that range for some reason, and no idea why not!
Yeah classic Quad is definitely really easy on the eye. I especially like these in the stand, even though in some weird way it kinda reminds me of an ncp car park 😅

Yeah classic Quad is definitely really easy on the eye. I especially like these in the stand, even though in some weird way it kinda reminds me of an ncp car park 😅

It‘s just a really neat looking system and great design. I used to have a CDP2 / 99 / 909 and the relative compactness made it very versatile to place. Should never have sold it really.

advertisement

Back