advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

ISRR6a0.jpeg

A new to me Naim Nait 2 recently back from the Steel City where Darran of Class A did his magic. Not my first Nait 2 (had too many over the years) but the last one that will stay and be swapped in and out of the system with the Nait 50.

Chord Sarum USB a to USB b cable i was sceptical but very surprised and happy with the results was deffo worth the outlay i purchased it used not new so didn't take out a mortgage for it, i think the rrp price is stupid but at what i paid was worth every penny. Chord cables have never been a disappointment.

Since most stations have ditched DAB for DAB+, my ancient Cambridge Audio DAB300 is obsolete... I'm fairly skint at the mo, and not sure how much I trust DAB+ sticking around, so I got a Majority Fitzwilliam 3.

DAB+, FM, internet, Spotify Connect, Bluetooth, etc. etc. Means I can remove the Chromecast Audio (doesn't stay online if in standby too many days - dunno why?) and the attached DAC, freeing up a couple of sockets.

Sounds damn good considering the data rates - much better than standard DAB, and I've a whole tonne of new stations. The Naim/Tannoy stuff doesn't tear it to shreds so that's a win.

Was surprised how good a cheap Denon PMA 520-AE was that I bought on behalf of a neighbour so have now bought a PMA 1510-AE. Once warmed up it sounds nicely dynamic, ever so slightly warm with a very good sound stage. Though by passing the tone controls ATM perhaps at my age the treble tone control might come in handy. I'm surprised how agreeable this sounds into the KEF 104/2s.

Arrived today,I have been using a Denon TU260L for years. Found this FM4 - reasonable price, lovely condition and serviced by Quad 2016 so I had to take a punt.
Radio 3 maxed out on signal strength (i thought it would only go up to 9/10 according to comments on internet),Radio 4 sounds more like real person talking, looking forward to Johnnie Walker on radio 2.
I thought that the Denon was very good, but so far this is so much better. Sound quality apart, I have loved the look for Years and rotary tuning dial 🥳

Two purchases arrived in the past two days for me:

A Hana ML cart to go onto my Technics 1210GR. Unfortunately, it arrived quite late in the day today, so it will wait until tomorrow until it gets set up.

Whilst not strictly hifi, my JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth speaker I bought arrived yesterday. Bought for camping and holiday trips, and summer garden use, so I have tunes as I managed to break my old BT speaker. It's surprisingly good actually.

Just bought myself a Norma Revo DS-1 cd and dac. I have read so many positive reviews on the forums about the amplifiers that persuaded me to go for this.
Brilliant , looked at that .look forward in your thoughts on it .norma is superb stuff

advertisement

Back