advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

X6paCo2l.jpg

Picked up a Rega Ania Pro this weekend to go on my P8. I was using a ATVM95-SH which was good, but was always the plan to be a bit of a stepping stone to an MC. I demo'd a few different carts, some up to about £1500, but this was my favourite of the bunch. Lovely, rich sound, full and clear. Very happy with it, though that guard is stressful to take on and off!

Wiim Mini just to test the streaming waters, haven't used the DAC bit. Before that used Qutest when the in built DAC in my pre died. Both are surprisingly good.

I have had an unusual burst of activity so in no particular order :-
Wax Engine mk2 TT
PT TOO as a restoration project
NAD M23 amp to drive what ever speakers come next.
I haven't got round to installing the TT or amp but I will sometime in July.

I recently bought a pair of Q Acoustics M20 powered speakers which are excellent for the price (£400 - which includes a built-in DAC and amp). They’re quite smooth but have an engaging and open sound. Highly recommended for anyone who’s looking for a simple ‘plug n play 2nd system’ or as an alternative to a sound bar (no HDMI arc unfortunately though). The M20’s would make a great present for someone who likes music but isn’t necessarily into hifi!

(I saw a thread somewhere about ‘the death of hifi’ - not when there’s great kit like this around)

Forgive me as I have sinned ,
Added another CDP , Esoteric K-07xs , Yes it is the lower end of the range with several
( 3 ) above this one but it's good enough for me as a Vinyl man :eek::D

advertisement

Back