advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

A HumminGuru in the classifieds, from Myles of this parish.
When my mate picks it up and brings it to me I will stick my Pro-ject VC-E & Velvet Vortex in the classifieds.

Some Wyred 4 Sound SX500 mono's for 250w of power to my Graham Audio speakers. They are currently getting a go in the main rig to see if I like them.

A Jolida JD9 phono stage also arrived yesterday for a borrow, and possible purchase, from another member. I haven't had a proper play with it yet as had to walk the dog last night, then ended up shopping for several hours, arriving back too late... But I have some free time today, plus several new records to play. So it will be getting a really good go. First impressions with my Technics 1210GR deck and Hana SL cart were very good indeed.
I know two people who have replaced their big Chord monoblocks with Wyred 4 Sound monoblocks on B&W 801s and were very happy with the results.

Just ordered a fosi v3 amp for my computer system. Will be running my B&W CM1 speakers. Looking at topping dacs to go with or do I keep my iFi nano. Just like the idea of the output display on the baby topping.

nice class AB amp from moon . the 330a . taken well over 8 months to track down somthing suitable i.e not requiring a mr universe to lift it
canadian amps and canadian speakers in system

nice class AB amp from moon . the 330a . taken well over 8 months to track down somthing suitable i.e not requiring a mr universe to lift it
canadian amps and canadian speakers in system
I can relate to the weight issue - I went fro a 32kg Aesthetix Atlas to a 20kg Moon 760a (the sound of the Moon is also very much to my taste)

I've just sold my Aria and moved to a Whest Dual mono phono stage. It was a very easy decision to make, it's a superb match with the Apheta 2.

How are your early impressions of it?
Seen it reduced lately and feeling a little tempted!
Cheers
Bit of a rollercoaster but not the fault of the amp - have a look here: https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/help-me-spend-some-money-please.285551/

Ultimately though the system is now sounding fantastic and I'm very pleased, however I would say to be very careful what you partner it with as without the Boundary Compensation feature of the Kefs I'd have been either chasing what I thought was speaker fault (incorrectly as it turns out), spending more money on something like DIRAC to achieve the same/similar outcome to the Boundary Compensation in attenuating the bass or ultimately even changing the speakers or amp.

If you go for one, buy from somewhere where you have the option to return it if it doesn't work in your system. However it's a LOT of performance and great quality for £900 at the moment, that's for sure!

My second example of a JVC / Victor "Direct Coupled" MC cartridge.

gi.mpl

gi.mpl

gi.mpl

Last edited:
A musical fidelity a1000 class a integrated amplifier.

It hadn't been used much for a couple of years, and i was going to sell it.
But the more i use it, the better it gets.
I's now staying.

Just lovely at what it does.

It joins an upgraded ai s500 and a couple of lenteks.

Bang & Olufsen EX wireless earphones,

I’ve had two generations of the original e8 earphones and two pairs of the EQs before these (gave a pair to my daughter)… the originals e8 were good, more natural sounding than other wireless earphones I’d tried, each generation has been a nice improvement but these are on another level, astounding. These are far better than my first couple of hifi separates systems, it really is amazing that this level of performance is available from your phone and a tiny pain of wireless earphones.

igVn36W.jpg

c7Pd0es.jpg

advertisement

Back