advertisement

what was the last piece of hifi you bought

I go for years without spending anything on hifi and then seem to splurge on multiple items in one go....

Recently picked up :

1) Drop (was Mass drop) THX AAA 789 headphone smp

2) Drop Senn Hd6xx headphones. My go to open backs are AKG K7XXs so need to compare the two a bit.

3) Densen B400XS cd player - if it survives Hermes to me... Used to have the B400 so this is a nostalgia trip, particularly as I couldn't afford the XS back then.

4) V close to picking up a Bluesound Node to improve the day to day Amazon music stream.

Rob
The Bluesound Node is a very handy little streamer.

Looks very very interesting given the price !
Don’t be shy to give us your comments once installed !
Cheers yeah - I got it to 'fill a gap' but it's actually really good. I'll only really know when I get the Croft pre back in to compare, but in isolation it (the system) sounds lovely. I like the simplicity too as I only have a single source, and get far more volume/attenuation range.

Might be best not trying the Croft again...

A near new Townshend Allegri+ which comes in a lovely flight case. Opened to check it was in there and now unopened for months. Too busy to tear everything apart and will be a pain to use my old pre for DAC duties the into the new pre. Need new amp as current struggle with Magnepan speakers. Feel a foray into class D coming on.

My Esoteric D07x has now been with me for a month or so; I'm really happy with it.

I was seriously considering changing my Accuphase for a model up the range a bit. I did actually listen to it in my system; yes, it was 'better', but the experience was enough to convince me that I'm now very much in the diminishing returns area, so I've decided against any further changes. The system is now very balanced and produces what I perceive as an exquisite sound, whether from CD, SACD, streaming or network playing.

A Lovely looking high quality system. I especially appreciate the practicality offered by the castors on your stand Simon

I liked my Belles Aria integrated so much I got some monoblocs by the same maker. Somehow, these haven't impressed me as much as the integrated, but I think I just need to find the right preamp.

Courtesy of a thread in the Classic room, I'm now a proud owner of a GL75 Turntable. This should be fun.

Two Musical Fidelity P150 power amps, also a P170 in working but battered condition. All three will be off to @Arkless Electronics as Jezzer finds the time and I find the funds.

A near new Townshend Allegri+ which comes in a lovely flight case. Opened to check it was in there and now unopened for months. Too busy to tear everything apart and will be a pain to use my old pre for DAC duties the into the new pre. Need new amp as current struggle with Magnepan speakers. Feel a foray into class D coming on.
that may be interesting, not sure it will match or not though

I liked my Belles Aria integrated so much I got some monoblocs by the same maker. Somehow, these haven't impressed me as much as the integrated, but I think I just need to find the right preamp.
wow what monoblocks did you get . I had belles mb 200 for some years and enjoyed them a lot . Don't see them much now

Just committed to a Hadcock arm. Len Gregory was my hifi guru. I don’t mind following people if they have the know how. Until he got into the air Forcell arm the Hadcock was his favourite. I’ve got the air Forcell and can accommodate the Hadcock on the same deck. I don’t normally do nerd but this is just has to be done.

Rega IO inbound. I am suffering from DIY audio fatigue and want a working amp/phono I can plug my 401 into, sit back and relax with a nice rum.

Topping A50 headphone amp with a 'balanced' cable, Quad 34 and a second Topping E30 DAC.

Lots more gone out the door, though.

Just committed to a Hadcock arm. Len Gregory was my hifi guru. I don’t mind following people if they have the know how. Until he got into the air Forcell arm the Hadcock was his favourite. I’ve got the air Forcell and can accommodate the Hadcock on the same deck. I don’t normally do nerd but this is just has to be done.

I bought a Hadcock from Len about 20 years ago. Had it on a Michell for a couple of years, it was the first unipivot I ever tried. Great arm.

Two recent purchases. Rega Elex-R amplifier first: very impressive indeed - the hype around this amplifier is justly deserved. Second took me quite a while….. Managed to source a mint Philips CD850 complete with all original packaging, remote and manuals. Huge fan of CD players from this time and this does not disappoint - almost holographic sounding.

advertisement

Back