advertisement

What the hell is this on google search?

Uncle Roach

pfm Member
While doing a google search, this symbol appeared and followed the screen as I scrolled up and down. Never encountered this before. Anyone seen this before?
539379656081e028022738427498fa85408aff67.jpeg

While doing a google search, this symbol appeared and followed the screen as I scrolled up and down. Never encountered this before. Anyone seen this before?

Nope, but that's because I rarely use Google search.

Looks like a minor rendering glitch, wouldn't worry about it. Reloading the page would likely have cleared it.

It's actually an svg icon (scaleable vector graphic), as used in the accordion expand/close icons. Since svgs can be any size, they'll normally fill any container box unless the dimensions are constrained via a stylesheet. In this case they are (normally) but looks like that one's got loose and is letting it all hang out. Go big or go home.

Nothing to do with aliens or hackers probing the bowels of your phone.

Nope, but that's because I rarely use Google search.

Looks like a minor rendering glitch, wouldn't worry about it. Reloading the page would likely have cleared it.

It's actually an svg icon (scaleable vector graphic), as used in the accordion expand/close icons. Since svgs can be any size, they'll normally fill any container box unless the dimensions are constrained via a stylesheet. In this case they are (normally) but looks like that one's got loose and is letting it all hang out. Go big or go home.

Nothing to do with aliens or hackers probing the bowels of your phone.
Thank you for the reply. That should put my mind at easy. I think I’ll just book a trip to Bognor Regis instead of New York.:)

I only had Norton Premium installed on an old PC but as a precaution I have installed it on my iPhone and IPad as well. I just get paranoid with all the horror stories of people having their data stolen or worse.

advertisement

Back