advertisement

What sports do you follow? Give us your top 3.

and bear fighting, bull fighting, dog fighting... :)

On a serious note: I have long felt that Boxing should be bare fisted with no mouth guards or any protection at all. Then maybe when people see just how violent it truly is people will stop supporting/watching it.
In balance. No ones being forced to watch, or participate in it.
I'm not a fan myself.

Formula 1. Just the highlight programmes on C4, wouldn't pay for any sports channels.

I dipped into BTCC last year, but just tend to watch it if it's on, and I'm not doing other things. In years gone by, might have watched The Open, or The Masters golf, but I hardly know any of the players these days.

Four pp and only one (unless I've missed it) mention of tennis; good for you @wacko. I used to play court, short and table tennis; now it's only the latter two. No teams here, except in support. It's gladiatorial and this is the grass season (excl. cannabis?).

Fantastic sport and I watch as much as poss., though the ladies' game can be a bit weak c/f the men's.

I don't 'follow' any sport but enjoy watching (in no particular order) ......
Snooker (in the winter)
International Rugby (because I played at school and understand the game)
Motorcycle Road racing

Last edited:
Hard to pick just three as we (Mrs Wb and I have similar interests here) like the top levels of many different sports.

Golf - Majors/Ryder Cup
Footy - World and European Cups
Rugby - World Cup, 6 Nations plus many of the international tests vs. southern hemisphere teams/Barbarians/Lions
Cricket - Tests only
Tennis - Wimbledon only
Olympics/Commonwealth Games - many events, often caught at random and draw you in
F1 - tend to dip in and out through the year, but will watch quite a few qualies/races in a season.

Living in the US, my number one sport is college football. Although money is ruining it of course. Sigh.

I always loved watching World Cup Rally racing, along with Dakar etc., but rarely see it much anymore.

Every now and then, NFL/XFL-or whatever they chose to call it this season, although most US professional sports bore me to tears anymore.

advertisement

Back