advertisement

What next?

Hylobates

It's been a 35 year journey from Trio KD1033b, Marantz PM310, KEF Coda IIs to the current system...
Naim ND5 XS, Naim DAC, Townshend Allegri, Musical Fidelity M6 PRX, Ovator 400s. Chord Indigo+ digital interconnect, Chord Signature Tuned Aray, Tellurium Black speaker cable, Isotek Sigmas mains conditioner with Isotek elite and MCRU 85.
Just about to order a Teddy XPS for the DAC.
Any comments/ideas/alternative views gratefully received.
Anyone got an Teddy XPS they want to part with for cash?

Thanks for Listening
Adrian

A few alternatives spring to mind but I am not sure they would have the same bang for buck as the Teddy XPS.
Better speaker cable from the Tellurium camp I.e. Green or Ultra Black, or maybe Chord signature. A Naim Fraim rack?
At the level of equipment and sound quality I have, the law of diminishing returns has most definitely kicked in. I would suppose that the latest spec Naim XPS2 would be significantly better than the Teddy, but then it is 3 times the price. My dealer is willing to loan me stuff for home trials but it is difficult to do comparisons.
Ah the agony of choice...

If you like the speakers, then the obvious upgrade is to go active with them.

I'd say the obvious upgrade is to change the amp, but guessing you like them otherwise you'd be running Naim/Teddy/Avondale instead as per the majority that have a Naim front end and Naim speakers.

Two things...
On the box the s400s came in there is a big sticker that says 'PASSIVE'. Thus implying that active is an option??
My current amps replaced an olive 82/250 Teddy Dualcap combo. It was my intention to move to current spec equivalent. But I just didn't think the change was worth the asking price. In the end after really trying to love the New naim stuff I much preferred the Townshend/MF combo regardless of the cost issue.

advertisement

Back