advertisement

What is your drug of choice...?

madmike

I feel much better now, I really do...
The sort of thing that you know you don't actually need, but you just can't help yourself...for me it's anything with a nice wooden case, especially turntables, vintage Quad gear and reel to reels...what's yours?

Mmmmmm, the sound of flip tops flipping and amber nectar guggling into a glass while the froth rises...makes me thirsty !

Well if you want to improve your HiFi beyond the world of reality then it's LSD, but if you're happy with a simple 200% improvement then pot works well.
Both work out much cheaper than wear on your stylus.

For me, vehicles - specifically, being a little imprudent in them:

hqdefault.jpg

I imagine that the committed music lover will choose his drug to match the music or the musician. Some examples:

Dance Music - ecstacy
Ambient - diazepam
Reggae - weed
Ska, punk - amphetamines
Jazz - heroin
Classical music - nice cup of tea
Prog - ask a friend to administer a lethal overdose of any drug you like

I have a Quad 33/FM3 just sitting in an Ikea Expidit record rack as an ornament:

7297496092_d8563922e2_b.jpg

(rather grainy old iPhone 4 pic!)

14289165530_b389d5889d_b.jpg

I've also got the nice wood case, but it won't fit on the Ikea shelf! They do actually work too, the 33 was recapped recently.

Reel 2 Reel players for sure, I have 16 at the moment :rolleyes:
Tony your Quad gear looks immaculate:cool:

Shameless plug but if anyone is looking for a Quad 34/306/FM4 I have them for sale in the classifieds

Alan

Turntables - I have 25

Large speakers - I have 8 pairs

B&O Collectables/memorabilia - I have a house full!

Lights. Lavalamps, bulbs that look like valves, LED strips under the speakers, low level spots onto the walls, pink LEDs onto my valves cos they don't glow visibly, Moroccan lampshade in the corner.
25022013714_zpseef3a4e1.jpg

20161023_175917_zpsmigrc2o5.jpg

20161202_203342_LLS_zpsy3p9sxs8.jpg

advertisement

Back