advertisement

What is tempting you?

Leica Q3, oddly, since i spent several weeks annoying various Q2 owners here by being cynical, but? There just isn't another camera like it for IQ, portability, enjoyable pic taking and build.
Can I live with 0 kidneys?

Leica Q3, oddly, since i spent several weeks annoying various Q2 owners here by being cynical, but? There just isn't another camera like it for IQ, portability, enjoyable pic taking and build.
Can I live with 0 kidneys?

Ditto that, John. However, my pockets would only stretch to a Q2 at most. I'm not convinced by the 'portability' thing though; a Q is roughly the same size as a Fuji X-Pro1 with the 35-1.4. On a recent family holiday to Italy I only took that Fuji combo and the GR III so a Q could still do the job very nicely.

My kidneys are knackered anyway so best I stick with what I've got. :D

My present 'itch' is still the Pentax K3 Monochrome - seeing some of the images taken by a *friend on his, it's a stunning bit of kit. Its IQ is just beautiful.

*Said friend let me borrow his K-1 which is the reason I have one of my own now. Anyone wanna buy some nice Canon gear? ;)

I'm not convinced by the 'portability' thing though; a Q is roughly the same size as a Fuji X-Pro1 with the 35-1.4. On a recent family holiday to Italy I only took that Fuji combo and the GR III so a Q could still do the job very nicely.

My recent expeditions have all been 2Kilos worth of D850 and 24-120.so in that light, the Q3 is portable:)
I bought the Z50 and the two zooms which reach from the eq of 24-350 for holiday work, and will probably stick to that plan. The IQ is very good but you do need to programme in quite a bit of contrast and definition reduction.

I have been admiring the tonality and colour of your K1 pics. It's a very underrated camera it seems.
I see MPB have a 'well used' (absolutely battered) K3 11 for £384.

Can I be controversial and suggest the camera I want that they don’t make, and propose a Q3 with a 90mm prime, love my Q2 but would love a companion with a longer lens. But agree,”that” lens in magnificent

Ditto that, John. However, my pockets would only stretch to a Q2 at most. I'm not convinced by the 'portability' thing though; a Q is roughly the same size as a Fuji X-Pro1 with the 35-1.4. On a recent family holiday to Italy I only took that Fuji combo and the GR III so a Q could still do the job very nicely.

My kidneys are knackered anyway so best I stick with what I've got. :D

My present 'itch' is still the Pentax K3 Monochrome - seeing some of the images taken by a *friend on his, it's a stunning bit of kit. Its IQ is just beautiful.
*Said friend let me borrow his K-1 which is the reason I have one of my own now. Anyone wanna buy some nice Canon gear? ;)
You might remember @Gromit I had the original Leica Q - lots to like (lens mainly) but it was quite a lump.

advertisement

Back