advertisement

What is tempting you?

Rockmeister

pfm Member
Sister (or non binary) thread to the 'Confessional Purchase' one, I'm wondering what is making you twitch every time you see a pic of it.
Me? Nikon Z8 with a trio of primes. What's a kidney worth?

As I'm having a few days in Edinburgh, I went down to Wex yesterday. I had a quick hands on with the Panasonic Lumix G9ii. First thoughts were that I loved the display but the control layout was a bit different from the original G9.

Went back again today for a longer session with the camera. On reflection I realised that the controls are very similar to the G80 which I have as my backup body so it is relatively familiar to me.

I won't be rushing out to buy just yet. No immediate need to replace my current G9. The price is likely to drop in the future once the early adopters have had their fill! The extra megapixels and improved autofocus will come in useful.

That 16-80mm Fuji zoom in the classifieds. I’m using a 15mm voightlander on my x-pro2 which this would replace for wide, and then I have the 35mm1.4 for shallow and the 55-200 for the rare times I want long. It would cover wide to normal nicely.

Nikon Z 600mm f6.3 VR S PF, what’s holding me back is the gross amount of cash I have already spent this year on Nikon, Fuji, and Apple gear !!

Although I’d love to buy the 10-20mm I mentioned upthread, I think my 2014 MacBook Pro will need replacing first. It takes ages to process images with DXO PureRaw 3, but that too can wait for now.

Last edited:
I've told myself that I have no need for the new Fuji X100 (whatever they decide to call it) when it arrives, but that doesn't stop me wanting one!

advertisement

Back