advertisement

What Have U Put On Lately And Had To Play To The End?

Martin D

Libertarian Division
Sometimes i think i will just put the first track of XYZ on and then get lost into playing the whole album, just happened this morning to me

50 Words For Snow - Kate Bush

A mesmerising album, to me anyway.

Have a good Sunday

Martin

An album is an album is an album. You put it on and listen to it - all of it. It's what it was designed for!

Vangelis - L'Apocalypse des Animaux gets played from beginning to end shortly after midnight most nights here and has done for quite some time.

Occasionally I substitute Miles - Kind of Blue

I didn't mean i listen to one track! I had to get on with putting some lights up (yawn) got reminded of something and had to have a Kate Bush track (as you do) and hey - 65 minutes later...................................

Martin

Any classical symphony or concerto, contrary to Classic FM's accepted practices, should be an all-in-one affair.

Put on Transatlantic's 'The Whirlwind', and the whole album is one track anyway, so 78 minutes later .....

The problem is with non-classical albums that are mostly great, but have one or two stinkers on them. Fortunately my amplifier has a 'mute' function, so there's no longer a need to get up off my fat arse to move along to the next decent track.

Rodrigo y Gabriella in the workshop on Saturday while working on a dining table for a mate.

Pete

Sgt Pepper does me. Not looking forward to the day I can't hear the alarm clock on A Day in the Life though!

Lloyd Cole Standards
Just ordered this on vinyl. Not heard it yet, whats your opinion on it?

Oh, & in reply to the OP question, last night, it was XTC English Settlement, followed by Miles Davis, Sketches of Spain, both on vinyl.
Superb, just bloomin superb.
Matt.

advertisement

Back