advertisement

What colour film?

Cesare

pfm Member
Having got a load of C41 developer, I *need* to start shooting plenty more colour film to try and work through it. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.

I've really not spent any time investigating colour films, so wondered what characteristics I should be expecting to find. I'm shooting 120 format, and my current film is Kodak Portra 400NC, mainly because I know the speed from HP5, and the muted tones sound like a good idea. Given that i'm going to scan all of the results does it matter too much about colour balance of different films? Should I worry too much or just bump things around after scanning?

The last order I placed was for 160 speed films, and I got some Kodak and both of the Fuji options to see how these behave.

So what other film should I try?

Cesare

I quite like the 400VC - the colors are a little saturated. I remember posting about a new Kodak color film that is supposed to be designed for scanning - if it's out, perhaps that's worth exploring.

Dan

Love Fuji Pro 400H at the moment, lovely feel and grain, great latitude, scans easily. Low contrast without looking 'flat'.

advertisement

Back