advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
3o59jUo.jpg

The Waterboys - An Appointment with Mr Yeats - Mike Scott’s 2011 album using poems by WB Yeats set to music. Some Celtic musical references - like a rockier Van Morrison - with better words!

The Waterboys - An Appointment with Mr Yeats - Mike Scott’s 2011 album using poems by WB Yeats set to music. Some Celtic musical references - like a rockier Van Morrison - with better words!
When Van Morrison’s Celtic based album ‘A Sense Of Wonder’ was released in 1985 it had to be recalled as the Yeats estate were going to sue as it included His poem “Crazy Jane on God”. They were of the opinion then that Yeat’s poems should only be set to Classical music. They did later relent and it was included when it was remastered and reissued in 2008. It was replaced with the track “If Only You Knew” on Sense Of Wonder. It also appears as an alternative take on the Philosophers Stone album.

When Van Morrison’s Celtic based album ‘A Sense Of Wonder’ was released in 1985 it had to be recalled as the Yeats estate were going to sue as it included His poem “Crazy Jane on God”. They were of the opinion then that Yeat’s poems should only be set to Classical music. They did later relent and it was included when it was remastered and reissued in 2008. It was replaced with the track “If Only You Knew” on Sense Of Wonder. It also appears as an alternative take on the Philosophers Stone album.

That’s really interesting. I didn’t know about that. I have lots of Van M but not sure I’ve heard A Sense of Wonder.

a stack of freshly cleaned 45’s

The Boomtown Rats ‘I Don’t Like Mondays’ - sounds incredible compared to my memory of the tune from the radio. Far more orchestration than expected. Great production.

Ultravox ‘Visions in Blue’ - overblown and pompous - ace :)

Jackie Wilson ‘Reet Petite’ joyous - what a voice

Smokey Robinson ‘Being With You’ - lush.

Liquid Gold ‘Dance Yourself Dizzy’ again, this sounds soo different on a decent system. disco strings a go-go

Bad Manners ‘Special Brew’ :p

Rose Royce ‘Love Don’t Live Here Anymore’ - wow, soo much going on. Always liked this record, even the electronic percussion (especially the electronic percussion…) amazing production.
like being stroked with velvet.

Bob Marley & the Wailers ‘Is This Love’ spacious production

Ami Stewart ‘Light My Fire/137 Disco Heaven’ - feel those poppers ;)

Sham 69 ‘Hersham Boys’ - naw, Jimmy Pursey always got on my pip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back