advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lou Donaldson/Midnight Sun. An immaculate King Records release I picked up today. From a series of originally unissued recordings that came out in Japan in 1981. Damn good.

With Ray Barretto too! Very nice. It was issued in the US too but I've never stumbled across a copy - one for The List : )

I got this for the Leona Jacewska track, ‘an infinite number of different realities’, as I have her 7” released last year as Charlie, Cold Inside...

3034-A2-A5-0409-4-A09-B899-2-B4-AA211-AD06.jpg

A round-up from Kraków’s finest label, Nawia’s NAW07.

To celebrate first birthday of our label we invited both new and old artists for this special compilation. Expect experimental, ambient, post club.

A limited edition of 40 from bandcamp, released in 2020. (Be quick, there’s only nine left. : ) )

Albert Ayler – The First Recordings Vol. 2

2018 reissue of dubious provenance on the Jeanne Dielman label.

Recorded Stockholm 1962 and featuring a marvellously skronky version of Moanin'.

Mi05NTAzLmpwZWc.jpeg

Sounding a little like Karin Dreijer on my tape from earlier, a more experimental sound from Katarina Gryvul on her second album, Tysha...

30887500-3-BBB-45-B5-9501-4-E70-CCA351-BD.jpg

Released on Kyiv’s Standard Deviation label on February 9th last year, days before the war in Ukraine started. Feels like the wrong thread, but I can’t post the above cover on its own, so here’s a long interview with Katarina that’s quite a read...

‘But heroes do not die.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back