advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band June 4, 1981, Wembley Arena, London, UK | Live Bruce Springsteen Concert CDs & Downloads

bs810604_01.jpg

Trying to get my heard back into jazz by picking up some new vinyl while out at the shops this morning.

First up:

OIP.FkZnZ9jEEGwgAZT6fhf6NQAAAA

I think I'm maybe starting to take the TP sound for granted - this is a good sounding record but it isn't blowing me away in the way my first encounters with TPs did. The music and playing, though, is very fine.

This one smells great as well! On opening the plastic sleeve I got the same scent as from an old bottle of Waterman's ink. At all adds to the effect I guess :D

( EDIT: I then realised I'd played the whole thing through at 45 rpm. On a second play, at the right speed, it sounds very, very good indeed. Maybe the smell of the ink got to me or the post Covid brain fog is worse than I thought ?? :confused:)

It's always struck me as odd that there aren't more 'live' albums by His Purpleness, even from some of the gigs at Paisley Park for instance.

Maybe one day something will emerge from the vaults.

I confess I'd like the Montreaux 2013 concerts on a legitimate CD release as a starter.​

Just arrived, new,sealed. Had choice of American or English version. American import sounds cool and knowing;)
Great quality recording. Am loving this man’s way with a piano. Bit like Mal Waldron; another pianist I had never heard of. Sweet!

France Musique la Jazz (as usual.) Sounded rather excellent - dirty and funky with lots of chunky guitars, sleazy sax and a couple placed squarely in the left and right Tannoys having something of a disagreement. Surprised to find it was George Benson with Fed Up from the album Erotic Moods. A little digging told me this was George’s ‘X-rated’ album (the lady on the right did use a couple of un-PC words) and that he didn’t really have a lot to do with it himself, it was more of a cash-in exercise on the back of his sudden rise to fame (this was the late 70s.) But I liked it a lot - more investigation necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back