advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot-20221226-215958-Qobuz.jpg

Wow, didn't realize that Mu was Actuel #1!

How do you find this album? I've auditioned Cherry's BYG albums but came away a bit unconvinced. But with Cherry, I am always prepared to change my mind.
I’m sure Paul will comment himself, but IMHO both part 1 and part 2 (Actuel 31)are absolutely essential Don Cherry Albums. Just him and Ed Blackwell on drums and percussion. Cherry plays piano, bamboo flute, India flute, bells, percussion and vocalises as well as Trumpet. He does play some wonderfully tonally pure trumpet pieces on these though. Cherry’s also brings his experiences of travelling the world after leaving Coleman and playing with different world musicians and then settling in Sweden and teaching amateur musicians and children to this music. Deceptively simple a sort of free jazz and spiritual jazz stripped down to quite beautiful essentials. Pretty much a starting Point for world fusion music. The covers are by his wife Moki.

I had original pressings of both Part 1 and Part 2, but part 1 somehow went AWOL. Sound quality is good, but not top rate like most BYG’s. As I can’t find the vinyl of Part 1 I bought the the CD of both parts that sounds pretty good and is not expensive.

Faithless – Sunday 8PM
Label: Cheeky Records – CHEK.CD503, Cheeky Records – Chek.CD503
Format: CD, Album
Released: 21 Sept 1998
Genre: Electronic
Style: Trance, Downtempo

Faithless_-_Sunday_8_PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back