advertisement

What are you listening to right now #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting the day - in the CD player

Lambchop: Is A Woman

OIP.eE_hCmsNJt3dZSoX1wVqhQHaHa

I'm trying out a new CD transport this week so exploring a lot of great music I've not played for a while.

I'll be back to jazz and the turntable in a few weeks.

Gary Numan – The Pleasure Principle (The First Recordings)
Label: Beggars Banquet – BBQ2158LP
Format: 2 x Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Stereo, Orange
Released: 11 Oct 2019
Genre: Electronic
Style: New Wave, Synth-pop

ODYtNjE3NS5qcGVn.jpeg

Download.

Two days after performing The River at MSG, Bruce returns to longtime hotbed Cleveland, Ohio and makes a full-album performance of Born To Run the centerpiece of this fine Working On A Dream tour stop. In addition to all eight songs from his 1975 breakthrough, Springsteen and the E Street Band deliver “Prove It All Night,” a radically rearranged “Red Headed Woman,” “Radio Nowhere,” “Can’t Help Falling In Love” and what is arguably the sweetest version to date of “Back In Your Arms.” Trumpet player Curt Ramm guests on several songs, including an encore-closing double-shot of “(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher” and “Rosalita.”

bs091110_01.jpg

Blimey - you have some great charity stores near you. In Oxford the bargain bins are more very MO (Glenn Millar or Earl Klugh) and a lot of the s/h stuff is priced from the top end of discogs. One store had a s/h version of Don Cherry's Cherry Jam for more than their new copy. The s/h was a numbered edition, but all the same ....

These are from the bargain section of a nearby second hand record shop - most of the charity shops round here are pretty much that same as yours. I generally only find cheap CDs - they can't wait to get shot of those!

Reactions: kjb
Surprisingly funky ...and yes I know I'm a bit early :)

Released for Xmas 1970. At one point David Frost announces "Goodwill to all men and if we can't have peace on earth, then perhaps a truce...."

ODktOTMyMC5qcGVn.jpeg

This compilation is the epitome of hip hop I dislike in places, some of it is bang on though.
only 25p. from Headway charity shop, so not lost owt. In some respects it is worth listening for the production alone. Open mind and all that. Eminem’s voice grates on me though, no amount of fancy pants production is going to float that boat. OutKast ‘Ms Jackson’ is gorgeous.
Meat vs Poison, as one Man said to the other.

More images

Various – Hip Hop Classics
Label: Universal Music TV – 980 027-3
Format:
2 x CD, Compilation
Released: 2003
Genre: Hip Hop

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back